Welcome to the Community is King phase!
It has been very quiet in here during the summer break, which is now finally coming to an end. And we are very excited to present our latest decisions and plans for the future of Exile to you!
As some of you probably remember, we have set up a roadmap more than a year ago. It has been very hard to stick with that plan for such a long time since we really had no clue what to expect once we publish. The bounty system, unfortunately, did not fit well into Exile, but we have added many more features, mostly based on community wishes and polls.
We released the first public version of Exile almost a year ago, on the 21st of August 2015, so we are very close to our first anniversary! After almost one year of hard work, we have managed to get out of the Alpha phase. Yep, Exile has been in Alpha so far. Now that we have reached the first Beta state with version one, we would like to continue following our roadmap - and enter the "Community is King" phase.
Exile has become a solid framework for creating a cool server, but creating a mod on top of Exile was not possible so far. We wanted to at least implement all the features we had in our vision before allowing to modify it. Now that we have completed this, we would like to allow you to create your own modification using Exile as a foundation - if you stick with some guidelines.
Using Exile as a foundation means you can build on top of Exile by creating an additional mod that overrides or edits current Exile code. You cannot edit and redistribute Exile itself. We will provide other benefits including things like a separate sub forum on our website, use of the Exile name and/or logo for sub-branding, and advertising on Twitch, Twitter, and Facebook.
While we plan to maintain the core Exile mod, we hope this will provide our community with a more clear variety of Exile game modes. Currently, a player has to search through over 1000+ Exile servers that do not have a clear distinction in game mode. We are aware some players want hardcore experiences, some want extreme survival, some want an apocalypse, some want Roleplay, and some want PvE only. We hope this new sub-branding structure will provide a better experience for all of our players.
If you would like to create your own modification on top of Exile, we require you to:
- Have "Exile" as the first word of your mod name
- Use the logo we give to you
- Use our corporate branding
- Comply with all involved licences
- Comply with Bohemia's monetization rules
- Not modify any files in @Exile
- Let us review your project before you publish
- Not mix Exile with existing mods
What you will get from us:
- Permission to do this
- Your logo
- Personal support from us whenever needed
- Possible custom notifications in the Exile XM8 mobile app
- Your own channels in our Teamspeak, so we can work together closely
- A sub-forum on exilemod.com
- Twitch Hosts, Tweets, etc.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send your appliance to email@example.com. After review, we will arrange a Teamspeak meeting with you to kickoff your project.
- What is the name of your project?
- Please give us a short briefing of your project:
- Who is involved in your project?
- Will this project be open source?
- Will you publish the server files?
- Who is going to host this?
- Do you have any time plans already?
- Are you planning to monetize this project?
Let's do this together!