Fraser_

DMS Missions caused database issues

Question

23:20:12 "ExileServer - Installed extDB2 version: 70"
23:20:12 "ExileServer - Connected to database!"
23:20:12 "ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"
23:20:12 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
23:20:12 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Failed to initialize database protocol: [0,"Error Invalid Format"]"
23:20:12 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

I get that error after trying to install DMS missions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

9 answers to this question

I cam assure you it is not dms as eraser has done a very good job creating this addon for us all to enjoy. If you need some help I can help you with TeamViewer and we can check some logs and find a solution. Check your database logs as well as make sure you have not messed with any default config in dms. That will be a good place to start.

Advertisement

In no way was I meaning DMS was THE error. I could only assume that when i installed dms it clashed with something else. Now like you say it could be an error with the default config

Sorry I was away for a few days, I forgot to mention we are running Chernarus (Summer version) on our server. 

Crackerjacker I would appreciate team viewer when you get the chance.

On 11-1-2016 at 1:27 PM, Fraser_ said:

23:20:12 "ExileServer - Installed extDB2 version: 70"

23:20:12 "ExileServer - Connected to database!"

23:20:12 "ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"

23:20:12 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."

23:20:12 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Failed to initialize database protocol: [0,"Error Invalid Format"]"

23:20:12 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

I get that error after trying to install DMS missions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

For sure it wasn't only DMS you changed.. Since that doesn't produce these errors. 

DMS is just a PBO in your @ExileServer/addons folder, it doesn't mess up your DB settings.

It might have something todo with the fact I run Chernarus Map

Guessing you already solved it, but if you haven't it's an MySQL error not an addon issue. 

First check that your MySQL server is on and running properly
Then check your MySQL server credentials in Exile so you are trying to connect to the right DB

Your log clearly states that the ARMA server can't communicate with the MySQL server, and Exile has a fail safe built in where it  shutdowns the server if it can't communicate with MySQL Server 

If you check your @ExileServer/extDB2/logs
You will find more detailed info, chances are its incorrect mysql login details

Advertisement