Danius

[SOLVED] serverCommandPassword check issue on init

10 posts in this topic

Hey Chris,

Amazing work.

We're having an issue since the latest update  . It seems since you change the config file from an sqf to an hpp, there is an issue in the way it's checking if settings are correct on init. Your scripts are checking to see if the serverCommandPassword matches the _serverCommandPassword variable in the sqf...which no longer exists. Did I set something up incorrectly that it's calling the wrong variable?

It's spitting  back this in the rpt file:

21:03:35 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - serverCommandPassword NOT SET!   Xxxxx@gmail.com - 14012016-(v0027A) - Fighting 13th | Server Maintenance | Please Stand By - ["Arma 3","Arma3",154,133596,"Stable",true,"Windows"]"
21:03:35 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - serverCommandPassword   is defined in your servers config.cfg"
21:03:35 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - serverCommandPassword   has to be set it in EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.sqf where it says _serverCommandPassword = "changeme";"
21:03:35 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - infiSTAR will not START if passwords are not set properly!"

The config files are 100% changed correctly to match the server settings. I checked. Like 100 times.

Thanks dude.

Edited by Danius

Advertisement

Thanks man, but I got that part. The problem seems to be that, as the error says, its checking for:

_serverCommandPassword in EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.sqf

When the latest update changed those to

serverCommandPassword (no underscore) in EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.hpp

the sqf file and the variable defined with an underscore no longer exist in this update.

The variables should be set properly in the .hpp file and match those set in the config.cfg. 

Edited by Danius

Are you using game-server provider and maybe GTX?
They've got some broken setup & an older version of my tools on there servers (which they are not allowed too btw) which can cause this issue

You should not have a "EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.sqf" anymore since it was replaced by  the .hpp file :)

1. "Configuration Files" http://img.infistar.eu/14_01_2016__00-52-56.png
2. EDIT "START_SERVER.bat" with -> "[ Configuration Editor ]" http://img.infistar.eu/14_01_2016__00-52-34.png
3. SET "Infistar Version Installed: infiSTAR NOT INSTALLED"
  http://img.infistar.eu/14_01_2016__00-44-41.png
  http://img.infistar.eu/14_01_2016__00-51-45.png

Also instead of starting @infiSTAR_Exile as servermod, you can just pull the "a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo" into
    "@ExileServer" -> "addons" so it is next to "exile_server.pbo" and "exile_server_config.pbo"
    like this:
   http://img.infistar.eu/14_01_2016__00-56-39.png

No this is running on a dedicated box through NFO Servers

I don't have the .sqf file anymore, I've completely replaced the @infistar_Exile folder with the new version after modifying the necessary files. 

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what the issue is here. I've been using your mod tools for months with absolutely no issues. 

The EXILE_AH.sqf file on lines 47, 48, 49, 53, and 58 still references the variable _serverCommandPassword. But hasn't that variable been replaced with just serverCommandPassword in the new .hpp file? Forgive me if this is not relevant, but it seems this script is verifying the value of the variable, but the variable does not exist.

I'm gonna try it again tonight from scratch with the latest update you released today.

33 minutes ago, Danius said:

but the variable does not exist.

These variables are defined in the "fn_preInit.sqf"  (but that file should not be edited at all, just the .hpp file is what you should edit)
You could send me your current

mission
infiSTAR pbo
and your server rpt log in a priv message (zip uploaded to dropbox or something)

Did you make sure that you don't have any old versions or backups on the server? :)

some people tend to just rename files to  something like .bak instead of .pbo but arma doesn't give a F and loads it :P

Nope. Everything SHOULD be set properly. 

Let me try running through it one more time this evening, just to be sure I'm not making some stupid mistake (which is not unlikely). If I still have the issue, I'll be happy to shoot you those files via PM.

Thanks for your time.

I guess all is fine because you did not respond within 6 hours? :)

Sorry forgot to post last night. Redid the installation with the latest update and everything works perfectly as usual. I have no idea what the issue with my previous attempt was, but let's just chalk it up to user error :).

Thanks for taking the time to help out and for your continued efforts! 

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply! :) B|

1 person likes this

Advertisement