Lunchbox

Give the option to set the option from Celsius to Fahrenheit

28 posts in this topic

I understand Europeans like and are used to the Celsius system, however, the whole world doesn't use it (Argument for another time).

Can we get Celsius converted, maybe an option in the config? It wouldn't be hard to convert for display, since the formula is easy. 

°C  x  9/5 + 32 = °F

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Hey man, that map is wrong, the US of A is the biggest on all real maps. Hoo-ya! 

I dont think we change it to fahrenheit. Celsius is ok, it feels the same - just different numbers ;)

1 person likes this

USA is ~40% of the population of this mod. Fahrenheit is not a bad idea. a config option would be superb.

Edited by GR8
1 person likes this

"I understand Europeans like and are used to the Celsius system, however, the whole world doesn't use it (Argument for another time). "

^^I am really asking myself, is this US-megalomania, or is it a lack of education(of what happens outside of the USA)?

In how many US games the whole world has to deal with Fahrenheit, that nobody uses anymore, except the USA, Belize, the Bahamas and the Caymans?

The maps are european, so the temperature will be measured in Celsius, why should there be a need for an option to change the temperature to Fahrenheit? Because a little fraction of the whole world population wants to be different from the rest of the world? Way more people worldwide ride their cars on the wrong side of the streets(thanks, UK xD )than measuring their temperature with Fahrenheit.

And i never saw europeans asking for Celsius in US games, we are  just able to deal with it! xD

Just saying...

This is not a personal assault, but that behaviour reminded me to the US politics(the whole world has to be like uncle sam wants it), which makes more and more people worldwide not really happy...

Just try to be a part of the world instead of trying to change the whole world into your Disneyland... ;)

Thats starts with little things like accepting that there is another world outside of the US, and learning to deal with it.

I hope i didn´t hurt anyone`s feelings, but i just had to say this and to be honest, this is not a conspiracy theory xD

2 people like this

13 hours ago, itsatrap said:

you had it coming 

3ZidINK.png?1

That world map isn't correct according to the USA, see:

V5NllW1QscGjGtno22FapnoQfwVUrKhw8bNf5Nfp

And I'm with JerryF, the locations where the maps are based from use Celcius.

Edited by Captain John H. Mille®

the metric system is the one used in science since forever, just saying

22 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Where is temperature shown in-game?

id like to know this as well then i can make a script to show either Celsius or Fahrenheit :) 

Edited by FallingSheep
dam spaces!

Advertisement