Eggbox

[SOLVED] infistar speed hack kicks

12 posts in this topic

hi...

i have been having a problem with the speedhack feature in infistar (v27c)  and couldn't decide if they are legit kicks or something else??

i thought i had caught some speedhackers (same people over and over) but one reached out to find why he was getting kicked (other players just simply didn't ask about the kicks)

after explaining it was logged as possible speed hacks and a long conversation i decided that this guy may be innocent of accused crime.

the kicks were only slightly above the kicktime  limit set in infistar (10 i believe), as an experiment i set this to 20 but still seemed to kick.

to test, myself and another admin logged in as normal players and got kicked ourselves for no real reason except it was notable when trying to enter a vehicle so i am positive that something other than an actual attempted speed hack is going on with our server....

any help with this would be great 

as i was looking though mine here is something interesting for you egg

SpeedHackCheck = false;                /* Use SpeedHackCheck? */
TimeToKickForSpeedHack = 10;        /* Only if SpeedHackCheck = true: Some people tried using speedHacks to travel faster, instead of teleporting.. */

1 person likes this

Advertisement
31 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

as i was looking though mine here is something interesting for you egg

SpeedHackCheck = false;                /* Use SpeedHackCheck? */
TimeToKickForSpeedHack = 10;        /* Only if SpeedHackCheck = true: Some people tried using speedHack to travel faster, instead of teleporting.. */

thanks....

yes, im aware of this but i would rather cure the kicks without turning the speedhack checks off :)

Edited by Eggbox

found that speedhacks was picking up vehicles all the time falsely as when i last looked it checked the config for the max speed of the vehicle, and added like 10% margin... but going downhill you can double the speed of said vehicles (mostly bikes and smaller vehicles)

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, happydayz said:

found that speedhacks was picking up vehicles all the time falsely as when i last looked it checked the config for the max speed of the vehicle, and added like 10% margin... but going downhill you can double the speed of said vehicles (mostly bikes and smaller vehicles)

same here....

hopefully chris can figure it out :)

Concur...Same issue. My first 30 or so players were kicked. I'm not going to place ever single one in here. Just basically repeats. I just placed it to false,

Spoiler

15-01-2016 19:37:04 infiSTAR.de | RAgPolE has a too big time difference (21.3459 seconds) to the server. Possibly a speed hack user! [FPS: 36.2812|SERVERTHREADS: 34] (v0027C)

Edited by Falcon911
1 person likes this

Thanks :) I think I can guess the reason and will update that check - better disable it for now :)

2 people like this

@infiSTAR

hi chris...

still suffering from almost all my players being kicked for speed hacks in v28...

turned off for now

Yes, that is why I don't have it mentioned as "fixed" in the changelog :P

problem is, testing it on my server with not so many people playing on - no problem

If server / network starts desyncing - big problem^^

I guess I have to make that check different and not just "change" it

2 people like this

Advertisement