Sixz

Massive error log in RPT

Question

Hi there, 

after spending hours and hours trying to find a solution (also searched other mods) i have not found a solution just yet so maybe the DEV's can help since a lot of people seem to have this issue!

When the server ran we noticed fps drops in the server fps. After checking the RPT logs (server) we directly found the issue causing this. It comes down to a few messages every second. When the server had a longer uptime the same message would be sent 46(!) times per second. This caused our server to massivly drop its fps. 

In the RPT log you can see the stuff go wrong around line: 1715 (did not upload the full RPT since pastebin did not like the whole file but it basacilly gets worse overtime)

http://pastebin.com/0uQXiqc9

I'm looking foward to a response!

2 answers to this question

I guess you mean the following lines:

12:38:15 Server: Object 2:5245 not found (message Type_37)
12:38:15 Server: Object 2:5245 not found (message Type_231)
12:38:16 Server: Object 2:4961 not found (message Type_119)
12:38:16 Server: Object 2:5245 not found (message Type_231)
12:38:16 Server: Object 2:5245 not found (message Type_231)

These are a "feature" of Arma. Let me explain why this happens. There is a command called createVehicleLocal in Arma that is supposed to create an object that only exist on a certain client (or network peer). Take the rabbits for example. Only you can see them, but your mates cannot, as they are not synchronized over the network. However, Arma does not check if an object is only available for your game client, even if it was created via this createVehicleLocal command. It then sends updates to the server, like "please set position of object XYZ to 123". The server does not know this object and then complains about "I do not know object XYZ" by the given message.

You can simply ignore this. There is nothing you or we can do. 

I have spoken to some Bohemians in the past. They are aware and will address this issue soon. In fact, it has been around for ages.

If you worry about performance, you could try starting your server with -nologs to save HDD access times.

1 person likes this

This is not a place to ask about 3rd party mods but i see there that you have listed InfiSTAR twice in servermod param.

Advertisement