Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
champagnepapi

Developing Missions with AI

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I've recently started to dabble in the M3Editor because I wanted to create a new trader zone for the server I run, and my ambitions are growing.  I want to soon move into developing new missions for my server, such as a new AI base etc.

How would I go about adding AI?  I know I can just create the base rather easily, but in terms of implementing AI, could anyone provide some insight?

Thanks a bunch!

Your best bet, IMO, is just implementing A3XAI into your server and then setting some static AI (using coordinates of your AI base).

Easy day. You can set number of AI, size of patrols, radius of patrol, difficulty, respawn rate, etc.

Advertisement

Wouldn't advise to use A3XAI, as the developer got fed up with kids bitching, and moaning constantly because they couldn't read the installation guide, and all the other documentation. 

Use DMS, you can take a look at: http://www.exilemod.com/topic/10114-release-altis-ai-island-dms-static-mission/ - From there you can see how a Static AI Mission in DMS is built, and give you ideas on how to do it yourself, build the bases in M3Editor, and use DMS to initialize them from SQF format :)

Edited by ka0s

+1 for DMS, offloading the AI control to client PCs rather than the server is by far the best way to handle AI.

Adding AI to a location is as easy as this:

//Infantry spawns using the DMS
	_position = [4000,4000,0];	
	_AICount = 1 + (round (random 5));	
	_ai_posx = _position select 0;
	_ai_posy = _position select 1;
	_ai_posz = 0;
	[[_ai_posx, _ai_posy, _ai_posz], _AICount, "random", "random", "bandit"] call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;
	diag_log text format ["[AISpawns]: Adding %1 AI at location %2",_AICount,_position];

Edited by second_coming
1 person likes this

Thanks everyone!  That's what I ended up doing.  Built new missions in M3Editor and am now working on the AI via DMS.  Also, @second_coming you are totally right.  We made that switch last night and saw server FPS jump by 15-20.

Advertisement