D0GZ

Install the same with rented server?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have purchased a rented ArmA 3 server off 'Wombat Servers".  To install exile would I need to do the same things like you would do on a dedicated server?

Thx

58 minutes ago, D0GZ said:

Hello,

I have purchased a rented ArmA 3 server off 'Wombat Servers".  To install exile would I need to do the same things like you would do on a dedicated server?

Thx

I do not know Wombat Servers but it seems like you can upload/install mods using the control panel.

If you have FTP access, upload your mods and make sure you change the startup parameter.

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, LeSauvage said:

I do not know Wombat Servers but it seems like you can upload/install mods using the control panel.

If you have FTP access, upload your mods and make sure you change the startup parameter.

Okay Thx

Dogz how have you gone with this?  I have also rented a Wombat server and am trying to get Exile to work. I had an external database set up, as you get a free one with your server but you have to ask for it.  I FTP'd all exile files across, hoping to cut my teeth on Exile.Altis to start with, however I am having DB issues with server working but hanging on 'Receiving Server Version'.  The command line manager can be manipulated to include -servermod if you haven't already worked it out.  I have sent a couple of tickets to Wombat for assistance, and whilst I only received slow emails back the 24/7 service desk had escalated my query to management, who contacted me tonight from Auckland where it is 2.30am. They are setting up a new server there.   Whilst setting this server up is a slow process, that gesture has won me.  My steam ID is the same as my profile so feel free to link me if you want to chat through it.

Edited by DattoSSS

Advertisement