BetterDeadThanZed

Blood alcohol

10 posts in this topic

I drank a beer today and saw a notice that my blood alcohol content was 0.4. Do you guys realize this is 5 times the legal limit (0.08 in the US)? At 0.4, you'd be falling over drunk, pissing your pants, vomiting... of course I didn't notice any effects, but maybe adjust that value for more realistic values? Also, I noticed that I become sober again pretty fast. Might want to adjust that too.

Not if you are Slavic ;-)

I believe it's only the number now, and it's not implemented as far as I know yet. 

Edited by Silver
Post scriptum

Advertisement
On 1/19/2016 at 9:03 AM, Silver said:

Not if you are Slavic ;-)

I believe it's only the number now, and it's not implemented as far as I know yet. 

0.4 - might be an issue if your'e American or Asian, no one in Europe would care, preferably not drive but certainly not "falling over drunk" not even half way there.

30 minutes ago, TonyMedKniven said:

0.4 - might be an issue if your'e American or Asian, no one in Europe would care, preferably not drive but certainly not "falling over drunk" not even half way there.

At 0.4 you'd most likely be in critical condition. The current legal limit in the US is 0.08 and at that level, you are intoxicated no matter how well you handle it. The level of alcohol in your blood is still the same.

48 minutes ago, TonyMedKniven said:

BAC 0.35 is roughly the level of surgical anesthesia. Possible death at 0.37-0.40+

Edited by fr1nk
1 person likes this

Lol you guys not taking smallest variables n mind when you start talking about stuff but in fact its quite correct, i wouldnt say youll get 0.4%o (notice two little circles at the % sign) from one 7.5% beer it should be under 0.2%o to be honest. Its scale that was used back in poland and limit was 0.2 when you dran one beer as an average person you were still ok to drive legally (so under 2)

15 hours ago, fr1nk said:

BAC 0.35 is roughly the level of surgical anesthesia. Possible death at 0.37-0.40+

^

Still, those haussman beers though. 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, [OMG]Slim said:

Lol you guys not taking smallest variables n mind when you start talking about stuff but in fact its quite correct, i wouldnt say youll get 0.4%o (notice two little circles at the % sign) from one 7.5% beer it should be under 0.2%o to be honest. Its scale that was used back in poland and limit was 0.2 when you dran one beer as an average person you were still ok to drive legally (so under 2)

Spoiler

0.2 mg/ml
Feeling hot. Relaxation. You will be happy and alert. Your self-criticism is reduced. You feel generally at ease. Accuracy and reaction time begins to deteriorate.

0.5 mg/ml
Exhilaration. Inhibitions are reduced. Even worse reaction speed and accuracy. Judgment and ability to take in information deteriorates. Research has shown that the well-being of alcohol (through the release of dopamine and endorphins) are greatest before exceeding 0.55 per thousand.

0.8 mg/ml
You will be noisy. Exaggerated movements. Slower reflexes. Worse coordination. Poorer eyesight. Excessive self-confidence. Clear alcohol odor.

1.0 mg/ml
Slurred speech. Hard to go steady. Impaired muscle control. Difficult to control emotions.

1.5 mg/ml
Staggering gait. Emotional outbursts. You can become aggressive or cry. And possibly vomit.

2.0 mg/ml
You find it difficult to walk upright. Double vision.

3.0 mg/ml
You can not hear what's happening.

4.0 mg/ml
Unconsciousness. Very slow breathing. High risk of fatal alcohol poisoning.

Seems like Poland (Slim) and Sweden (me) got the same measuring system. and 0.4 is _nothing_ 100 kg man, 1 liter 5.4% beer in 1 hour equals 0.5 mg/ml. aaaand thats nothing.  :-)

Checked the american measuring system. 100 kg 1 liter beer  1 hour is 0.034 "blood alcohol level" and ok to drive. That would be illegal in sweden. http://dui.drivinglaws.org/calc.php

I'm guessing 0.034 is comparable to my "0.4". So lets agree on a measuring system and that everyone is human and sort of the same biologically. Devs can in my mind feel free to say "I get drunk after 2 liter beer in 1 hour so the player should too" or whatever limit they want to set, don't really care since there would be no benefit drinking it in a game, I'd just sell it anyway.

I think we're all talking about the same thing here, just on different scales..

e.g. BAC 0.04 = 0.04 grams of alcohol per 100 grams/blood = 0.4 grams of alcohol per 1000 grams/blood.

2 people like this

Advertisement