Psygomin

Vehicle spawns Tavi

9 posts in this topic

i reciently got a hosted server and succesfully set up Taviana on my server. everythings going well at the moment, how ever i have noticed one thing that i cannot seem to fix or adjust.  if 0,0 is the lower left hand corner of the map i only get vehicle spawns 13k north of 0,0 and 12.5k east.  like its a square where vehicles spawn but they dont cover the entire map.  ive changed things in this section to no avail. player spawns still get vehicles just no where else on the map.

Spoiler

class VehicleSpawn
    {
        /**
        * Grid Size for vehicle spawning,
        * smaller the number more vehicles,
        * you get the point
        */
        vehiclesGridSize = 28000;  // default was 2000

/**
        * Vehicle ammount per grid
        * kinda self explanitory
        */
        vehiclesGridAmount = 500; // default was 10

/**
        * Creates global markers for vehicle spawn tweeking,
        * after you are satisfied with vehicle ammount and spread set this to 0.
        */
        vehiclesDebugMarkers = 0;

this seems to be the place i need to edit in the config.cpp in exile_server_config.pbo

here is what get get for spawns. 

2016-01-17_00001.thumb.jpg.ad00cb202814c

any help as a direction to go would be great.  not nessarily looking for a heres the answer unless thats the only way to help, as i want to learn

Lol , i have vehicle 4400 /2 on Australia taviana and panthera . Original on altis 2200/2 .  2200/2200= 2 vehicle 

1453150257682.jpg

Edited by Thomas [ T.K.O ]

Advertisement

like the spacing with 4400/2 how ever still stuck on just the lower left corner like the photo shows.  would like to have it cover the whole map

2 hours ago, Psygomin said:

vehiclesGridSize = 28000;  // default was 2000

well, the grid size shouldnt be the max size of your map. the grid is imaginery. like in Sarge AI. it is in some way like the visual grid on the map, just larger and not visible.  2 by 2 km should be good and an amount of 2 or 3 (i used 2 back then i used exile spawn) per grid this makes a total (on my tavi server) of over 250 cars. if all fails use AVS found in the addons section. best way to spawn vehicles anyways =D
cant give you an example since i deactivated exile car spawns entirely (shit way to spawn cars).

*edit: 2 sq km make a total of 140 grids (rounded) on tavi

Edited by Dizzturbed

still not sure im getting anywhere. Ive messed around with both parameters and all i could achieve was to lower the amount of vehicles that spawned in the corner.  trying to expand the red square to the whole map. they only ever spawn in the square. outside of that its just the player spawn zones that get 2 bikes...2016-01-19_0000133333.thumb.jpg.c08aa112

thats alot of map where no vehicles spawn.  gonna try the AVS thing after some sleep

edit: think the reason i havent done AVS yet is Tavi isnt supported.  and the part where i can tell it what to do for the map tavi i cannot get the info.  ie world size and map center.  im sure i could figure it out just need to be pointed in the proper direction

Edited by Psygomin

Was trying to figure this out last night without the need to install anything. For Taviana, need to adjust:
@ExileServer\addons\exile_server\code\ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles:

Line 36, change:

_positionReal = [[6000,6000], 25, 6000, 5, 0 , 4000 , 0 , _spawnedPositions] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

To:

_positionReal = [[10000,12600], 25, 15000, 5, 0 , 4000 , 0 , _spawnedPositions] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

After testing a handful of spawns, it seems like vehicles can spawn anywhere, including Sector B. The "6000,6000" coordinates are located on the western island, along that southern main road. "10000,12600" is roughly the centre for the group of larger landmasses.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, fr1nk said:

Was trying to figure this out last night without the need to install anything. For Taviana, need to adjust:
@ExileServer\addons\exile_server\code\ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles:

Line 36, change:

_positionReal = [[6000,6000], 25, 6000, 5, 0 , 4000 , 0 , _spawnedPositions] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

To:

_positionReal = [[10000,12600], 25, 15000, 5, 0 , 4000 , 0 , _spawnedPositions] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

After testing a handful of spawns, it seems like vehicles can spawn anywhere, including Sector B. The "6000,6000" coordinates are located on the western island, along that southern main road. "10000,12600" is roughly the centre for the group of larger landmasses.

Thnaks this works perfectly for me :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement