NeverAgain

indestructible locked cars

10 posts in this topic

Hey, some ask me how to make indestructible locked vehicles.

Here is the solution:

Extract Exile_Server.PBO and open  ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_lockVehicleRequest.sqf

And hange to:

/**
 * ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_lockVehicleRequest
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

_vehicle allowDamage false;
_vehicle enableSimulation false;

When it locks the vehicle so indestructible after a restart. The problem is that the vehicle is NOT automatically unlocked in the safe zone. If you have it set up.

It would be important to check vehicle is empty to prevent players lock vehicles with mates inside to get godmode car for roadkills. Any ideas for that?

Advertisement

Would this be like a fix to the parking vehicles on wood?

No because on server restart sometimes they will blow up before the script activates. But it does cut down vehicle blow ups a good bit but it still will happen.

Edited by prue420

@Ayaka why make a whole new post on your continuation of this posts work? 

You really should post it in here to allow for all parties in here to possibly help out and complete with you.

Just pointing that out since these three probably haven't seen the other post

Edited by DirtySanchez
1 person likes this

i have this installed and it was working for a while. but now helis seem to take damage again when locked

I don't think that code like this should be in  'ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_lockVehicleRequest ', otherwise the vehicle is always invincible when locked. Quite OP as far as protection goes.

It could be in the ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf so the protection only occurs on server restart.

I'll be creating a post soon detailing the mod I wrote for our server. I just need to locate some of the underlying mods I built off of to give proper credit.

Current configuration of our server:

• On restart, vehicles are indestructible only if locked and within in a territory where the owner is an authorized builder.
  • Vehicles in the wild are always destructible.
  • Vehicles left in trader are unlocked on restart per Exile default.
  • If a friend knows your code and uses your car, it becomes destructible until restart.
  • When you login, your vehicles become destructible until restart. (This prevents mass vehicle destruction when the owners are unable to defend themselves.)
Edited by ynpMOOSE

1 hour ago, ynpMOOSE said:

I don't think that code like this should be in  'ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_lockVehicleRequest ', otherwise the vehicle is always invincible when locked. Quite OP as far as protection goes.

It could be in the ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf so the protection only occurs on server restart.

I'll be creating a post soon detailing the mod I wrote for our server. I just need to locate some of the underlying mods I built off of to give proper credit.

Current configuration of our server:

• On restart, vehicles are indestructible only if locked and within in a territory where the owner is an authorized builder.
  • Vehicles in the wild are always destructible.
  • Vehicles left in trader are unlocked on restart per Exile default.
  • If a friend knows your code and uses your car, it becomes destructible until restart.
  • When you login, your vehicles become destructible until restart. (This prevents mass vehicle destruction when the owners are unable to defend themselves.)

i would love to make locked vehicles at territory only indestructible.  Would you be willing to share how you did that?  We have guys that get on when nobody is on just to blow vehicles up at bases.  That was the entire reason for making them indestructible for me to start.  

Advertisement