Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan1506

Stronger Buildings

11 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is even possible, I have very little Arma modding experience.

I would like to see stronger buildings in Exile. I'm talking about the "static" buildings that are a part of the map, not the buildables.

I think the best "immersive" experiences ive had in exile where when we have barricaded a building using the exile buildables, rather than making our own base.

The problem is that 1 satchel charge will destroy most of the buildings on Altis (i'm not sure about Namalsk).

 

I think these buildings should be MUCH stronger than wooden buildables, and would love to see improvements made in that area.

Thanks for the consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even if they made buildings stronger 1 satchel would still break down the walls. If a satchel charge can destroy a tank outright i don't see a

weathered building made of wood and plaster holding up that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
26 minutes ago, Nathan1506 said:

I don't know if this is even possible, I have very little Arma modding experience.

I would like to see stronger buildings in Exile. I'm talking about the "static" buildings that are a part of the map, not the buildables.

I think the best "immersive" experiences ive had in exile where when we have barricaded a building using the exile buildables, rather than making our own base.

The problem is that 1 satchel charge will destroy most of the buildings on Altis (i'm not sure about Namalsk).

 

I think these buildings should be MUCH stronger than wooden buildables, and would love to see improvements made in that area.

Thanks for the consideration.

Well think about real life. A satchel charge is C4 and the explosion radius is rather large. So taking out those buildings with just 1 makes perfect sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Well think about real life. A satchel charge is C4 and the explosion radius is rather large. So taking out those buildings with just 1 makes perfect sense.

Agreed but this isnt real life, this is a world where we all live in square wooden bases that can withstand higher explosions than a brick house or church. Also, in "real life" C4 isnt so easy to come by, so hiding in a building would make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nathan1506 said:

Agreed but this isnt real life, this is a world where we all live in square wooden bases that can withstand higher explosions than a brick house or church. Also, in "real life" C4 isnt so easy to come by, so hiding in a building would make sense.

and there is the rub ... perhaps its too easy to have explosives?   The mod is 'supposed' to be an island turned prison.  perhaps there shouldnt be any sophisticated explosives or they should be extrememly rare, or expensive.  Perhaps only retrieved from some mission to kill an infiltration of a military team.

 And there are only so much you can change in the base game.  And as I posted in the other thread, if you dont let anyone know where you live, they cant blow up your shit. ... keep a low profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShootingBlanks said:

and there is the rub ... perhaps its too easy to have explosives?   The mod is 'supposed' to be an island turned prison.  perhaps there shouldnt be any sophisticated explosives or they should be extrememly rare, or expensive.  Perhaps only retrieved from some mission to kill an infiltration of a military team.

 And there are only so much you can change in the base game.  And as I posted in the other thread, if you dont let anyone know where you live, they cant blow up your shit. ... keep a low profile.

I agree that explosives should be MUCH harder to come by, but then another issue arises. The same effect can be gained by blowing up cars next to a building. One or two car explosions = no more arma buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

which brings me back to my comment about keeping a low profile.   If players allow someone to follow them home, they deserve to get blown up.  If a player parks a heli in front of the building, they deserve to get blown up.   IMHO, safety ruins the game.  You should always risk losing your stuff,  ALWAYS.  if you dont make sure there isnt a sniper watching the trading area at the airport, you deserve to get shot.   It adds the planning and tactics into the game if you need to remain undetected and ensure your own safety.

So as to car bombs blowing up a building... :rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ShootingBlanks said:

which brings me back to my comment about keeping a low profile.   If players allow someone to follow them home, they deserve to get blown up.  If a player parks a heli in front of the building, they deserve to get blown up.   IMHO, safety ruins the game.  You should always risk losing your stuff,  ALWAYS.  if you dont make sure there isnt a sniper watching the trading area at the airport, you deserve to get shot.   It adds the planning and tactics into the game if you need to remain undetected and ensure your own safety.

So as to car bombs blowing up a building... :rock:

You're deviating from my initial point. IMO its much more immersive to barricade a building than to build one, however Altis buildings are much weaker than Exiles buildables, I would like to change that if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

correct, got off topic, my apoligies.  But I was also talking about barricading or locking the existing buildings.  

I think that was answered as  No.

My point was that they dont need to be stronger (IMHO), just players need to be more 'low profile' and protect their buildings location which then means the building doesnt have to be stronger.  And since the buildings are, what they are ... that is the option.

UNLESS ... You ran a script that would set the buildings to be invincible https://github.com/Fankserver/ArmA-Script-Sandbox/blob/master/Arma3/IndestructableBuildings.sqf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShootingBlanks said:

correct, got off topic, my apoligies.  But I was also talking about barricading or locking the existing buildings.  

I think that was answered as  No.

My point was that they dont need to be stronger (IMHO), just players need to be more 'low profile' and protect their buildings location which then means the building doesnt have to be stronger.  And since the buildings are, what they are ... that is the option.

UNLESS ... You ran a script that would set the buildings to be invincible https://github.com/Fankserver/ArmA-Script-Sandbox/blob/master/Arma3/IndestructableBuildings.sqf

Invincible would work for what I was looking for. The buildables that are barricading the base would still be destructible, but the buildings themselves wouldnt instantly fall down if a car blew up next to them.

Maybe I'm looking for a separate mod, but I thought it would be a cool thing to incorporate into Exile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.