Eichi

Car Keys and Locking

Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?   1618 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

413 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Eichi said:
9 minutes ago, Eichi said:

This is not possible. The engine does not support linking an item to a player. There is no such thing as "Bobs XM8" :( 

I think you're coming at it from the wrong angle.  You know the dead player's UID and consequently which pins are tied to them in the database.  You could have it "download" the list and display it in the killer's XM8 window and the player could "write them down", storing them for future use in a "notepad" section of the XM8.  The notepad data could also be stored in the database or uiNameSpace and would be persistent across multiple respawn events.

6 people like this

Advertisement

Yes please, just make sure we have a way to create copies of the keys too.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Darth_Rogue said:

You know the dead player's UID and consequently which pins are tied to them in the database.

Nope. We only store the owner UID. If a friend was driving, there is no way to know who "knows".

1 person likes this

I love the idea that we just need to remember 1 code to remember all vehicles / base locks...

it's a no from me ^^

4 people like this

8 minutes ago, itsatrap said:

Please no it's an admin's enemy nr. Uno Please no it's an admin's enemy nr. Uno

how about Server rule number 1 you have to take care of your Car keys no admin cry cry

If you kill a player you get a list of all pins attached to their UID.  Maybe they're the owner of the vehicle or base they were killed next to and maybe they're not.  That is irrelevant.  The killer still gets a reward for the kill by way of getting a list of pins.  They don't know what devices they go to.  They still have to do a little bit of work to get anything out of it.  It's not an immediate win.

4 people like this

FANTASTIC ! vote yes. If possible we would need to add key maker kit as well to avoid the "i lost my key" issues. 2 tin cans +  Key maker kit = duplicate key?

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I love the idea that we just need to remember 1 code to remember all vehicles / base locks...

it's a no from me ^^

You've clearly never been raided :D

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Xanto said:

how about Server rule number 1 you have to take care of your Car keys no admin cry cry

I have this BEC announcement every 5 minutes on my A2 server:

[2016-01-19 | 14:09:35] RCon admin #2: (Global) MAKE COPIES OF YOUR KEYS - THEY WILL NOT BE REPLACED!

4 people like this

Advertisement