Eichi

Car Keys and Locking

Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?   1600 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

413 posts in this topic

This would is a nice idea, but you guys should make keys a toolbelt item somehow, and not another storage slot. Seeing Exile still has problems with inventory dissapearing.

2 people like this

Any player that votes yes on this doesn't understand how annoying this would be for server owners.

"Admin i lost my keys due to uniform bug wahhh replace it"

"Admin I locked my key inside my car halp me wahhh"

24/7 is what I saw on Arma 2.

25 people like this

Advertisement

How about the option to change a vehicles pin code at the waste dump trader for the sell price?

Oh wait... I already have that on my servers :D

11 people like this

10 minutes ago, Eichi said:

Nope. We only store the owner UID. If a friend was driving, there is no way to know who "knows".

If you kill a player you get a list of all pins attached to their UID.  Maybe they're the owner of the vehicle or base they were killed next to and maybe they're not.  That is irrelevant.  The killer still gets a reward for the kill by way of getting a list of pins.  They don't know what devices they go to.  They still have to do a little bit of work to get anything out of it.  It's not an immediate win.

One thing I would like if keys were implemented would be the ability to copy your key. At least if you "lose" your key, you can have a backup in a safe somewhere.  The keys are needed imo, as right now players have very minimal losses when they are killed.  They lose no money, and 90% of the time they won't lose their locked car either.  This would make players take more of a risk in their travels. I am all for it. 

4 people like this

clearly the exile did not run an arma 2 epoch server, its a nightmare.

a cool feature would be able to 3d print your keys if you lost them

if you have a laptop and a printer, the lap top can easy have a list over cars

Edited by itsatrap
4 people like this

If you kill a player you get a list of all pins attached to their UID.  Maybe they're the owner of the vehicle or base they were killed next to and maybe they're not.  That is irrelevant.  The killer still gets a reward for the kill by way of getting a list of pins.  They don't know what devices they go to.  They still have to do a little bit of work to get anything out of it.  It's not an immediate win.

How is that realistic?

great idea but too soon, all the bugs such as stuff going missing when logging in for example uniforms and then the keys are gone would be so annoying and annoying for admins too. 

3 people like this

Yes, please. We could make a webbased GPS tracker then, where ppl can find lost cars when they got the key. Also you could lose a car in a fight easyly! AWESOME! So much need for that!

5 people like this

Advertisement