Eichi

Car Keys and Locking

Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?   1637 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see car keys in Exile instead of pin codes?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

413 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, vhost said:

How is that realistic?

It's quite realistic.  If a player has the ability to read their stored pins in their XM8 (which in my opinion should already be a feature in Exile) then any other player should be able to "download" that information with their own XM8 by "hacking" it.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Rogue said:

It's quite realistic.  If a player has the ability to read their stored pins in their XM8 (which in my opinion should already be a feature in Exile) then any other player should be able to "download" that information with their own XM8 by "hacking" it.

think this sounds abit too much i think it would be best to keep it abit simple at the start to see how it goes/works 

Advertisement

Its a great Idea. Even better with some additional features like :

• Master Keys
  • Locate Vehicles
  • Copy Keys
  • Make key lootable from inside the vehicle when locked
  • Vehicles Unlock when key no longer exist
  • Make keys for a vehicle
9 people like this

One of the best parts of Exile is the keycode for vehicles! 

If you added keys, what system would you have in place to make copies of the key?

1 person likes this

I played on some militarized A2 DayZ Epoch servers where a vehicle purchased by a player was linked to their DNA (UID). So there were no keys or pin codes to deal with. Simply a scroll wheel or hot key option to lock/unlock. If you killed a player with an unlocked vehicle you could take the vehicle and liberate its contents. But at a server restart the vehicle would lock itself.

While I appreciate the idea of a new game mechanic in Exile that can reward PVP actions, I remember what a PITA it was having all those keys in A2 Epoch. I had a list of what keys fit what vehicles on my phone so I would remember. Most players keep several vehicles/helicopters/jets as time goes by. Personally I like the pin codes for ease of use and less hassle for the server admins. The DNA (UID) idea above was even better/easier. Currently, I vote no. I don't want to waste my gaming time managing keys.

Edited by Snakeyes1
1 person likes this

ok what about make a shop in the trader where u can buy a copy of your key then you have 2 then if someone gets the key and the car he can take it to the trader and pay to get the locks changed  

1 person likes this

also if you have more than 1 key for 1 car then people cant say to a admin "my mate logged with the keys" 

I'd be ok with keys as long as there is some mechanic that allows players to retrieve their own "lost" or stolen keys, or possibly pay a trader to have the locks changed, that doesn't require an admin having to get involved.  

6 people like this

Advertisement