iTz D Say

troubleshooting Set A3server path & Steam path help

15 posts in this topic

I am going through the guide provided on how to setup a exile server and i have run into a problem when editing the InstallA3Server.bat, when I try and set the path for a3server & steam then run the program it says  ''B:\program is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 

I think because my path is program files (x86) but its only reading program files in the cmd

Advertisement

well maybe if you would post your batch. Kinda sounds like you are asking how to set up the batch for SteamCMD? If so, do not install it in the same directory as your Arma3 game client.  Make a directory in the root of your drive and name it Arma. Install the server there.  You do not even have to use the batch to install it,  just run steamcmd and use force_install_dir to set the directory. 

Kinda hard to help you if you do not provide details on what you have done so far. 

11 hours ago, wik said:

well maybe if you would post your batch. Kinda sounds like you are asking how to set up the batch for SteamCMD? If so, do not install it in the same directory as your Arma3 game client.  Make a directory in the root of your drive and name it Arma. Install the server there.  You do not even have to use the batch to install it,  just run steamcmd and use force_install_dir to set the directory. 

Kinda hard to help you if you do not provide details on what you have done so far. 

Thanks I will try this. and I am a complete noob so I do not know what you meant about posting my batch , i thought I had enough info in op 

48 minutes ago, iTz D Say said:

Thanks I will try this. and I am a complete noob so I do not know what you meant about posting my batch , i thought I had enough info in op 

InstallA3Server.bat

Post the file contents

Your steam path needs to be set to where your steamcmd.exe is, not your steam folder. In your example it is buried your steam apps directory.  Use quotes when you have spaces in your path

"b:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Steamcmd"

Edited by wik

1 hour ago, iTz D Say said:

this is were i am atUntitled.thumb.jpg.3855732ea06b681836f4d

Forgot to quote so you would get the notice.  Read what I posted above. 

Advertisement