RetardMagnet

Optimization

9 posts in this topic

Are there any plans about optimizing the mod, next to adding new stuff? Cuz alot of players struggle to get more then 15/20 fps already.

I know this is mostly part of the servers, the mods they are running, and the crappy Arma engine, but i was wondering if the Devs are looking into it to? Even on vanilla Exile, as soon as there are more then 10 moderate bases up, and some vehicles around the map, fps starts to drop drasticly.

i also find that driving through territory's i get fps drop just as the territory's name comes up on screen with about a 30fps loss for about 2seconds, and fps seems to be strangely low at traders.

Advertisement

Its all about  The server i Can get 70+ fps on the on I'm currently playing and around 100fps in the Forrest 

running 2550x1440

view distance 1800

gtx 970

Stop hosting or playing on servers with too many crappy addons, vehicles, buildables and scripts.

Problem solved.

What im on about is the mod, i know all about server performance! its happens to me and my community since day one of the mod on every server we have played, from MGT to freshly opened vanilla servers.

i know it's not a massive deal but would be nice to get to the root of it.

If you get lower fps near bases, try lowering graphics settings

1 person likes this

The bare exile mod is the most optimised mod there is out there,  whilst in development, I was on the dev server, building a huge ass base and still hitting 100+ fps 

You'd be surprised how taxing in performance extra mods do to a server. 

but what about the issue im on about!! i have great fps, so it's not a setting problem on my end it's something to do with how the mod treats territory's

42 minutes ago, William =D said:

The bare exile mod is the most optimised mod there is out there,  whilst in development, I was on the dev server, building a huge ass base and still hitting 100+ fps 

You'd be surprised how taxing in performance extra mods do to a server. 

You need to get out more and play some other content if you think that, lol,  There are far better performing mods been made for Arma 3, i'd say there is still alot of optimising that can be done before you can give it that tag, even E-FLOP runs better!

Edited by Sgt Smash

Advertisement