Boxman80

Trading Prevented Due To Item Space Bug?

Question

A couple of players on our server are reporting a bug where they don't seem to be able to buy items from the trader because of what appears to be a lack of space in their inventory , despite having lots of free space.

I've not witness it yet myself and I'm not sure what could be causing this bug. I haven't spotted anything in the logs either to give me any clues where to look. Anyone else encountered this before or have any experience of a similar bug?

Edited by Boxman80

8 answers to this question

If I'm not mistaken it goes off a weight/item size system and not capacity o.O

It happens where I play as well. If you put your gun down or leave it in your vehicle, you can buy things fine.

Advertisement

I've had problems with backpacks, where it showed my backpack half full but nothing is in it. Relogging has always solved it for me.

Cheers for the feedback so far. Yea I thought it was  a mass or weight issue but they guys who have reported it said it was when they were buying food items or other really small items like mags or small tools, and have even had completely empty inventories. 

Edited by Boxman80
added a bit more

It's due to your overall Arma 3.. Watch the big bar at the bottom of your inventory screen. Once it's completely full getting even the Exile items in your inventory is impossible from traders. Has to do with the latest arma fatigue system and how the items are inventory items instead of say like a virtual item like how Life servers are and such.

I have had the bug where the big bar would not reset to low after unloading an overloaded pack, (meaning dragged more stuff to my pack even after the big bar was full)  When I unload, the big bar does not go down as far as it did before.  I quick jump to the lobby and back in again would reset it.  Does not happen a lot, but when it does, it is annoying.   

On 1/22/2016 at 9:36 PM, tkcjesse said:

It's due to your overall Arma 3.. Watch the big bar at the bottom of your inventory screen. Once it's completely full getting even the Exile items in your inventory is impossible from traders. Has to do with the latest arma fatigue system and how the items are inventory items instead of say like a virtual item like how Life servers are and such.

That's what I had initially put it down to but like I said they guys reporting it said they had completely empty inventories. It's an intermittent problem though so it could be that their inventories are just bugging out and staying filled even after selling/moving gear as @wik suggests.

Cheers though. Sounds like more of an Arma bug than a  server/Exile error. 

Oh yeah, that's also an issue. Have noticed it seems to be if you become completely full then sell it. I believe it also typically involves the "swing" item from the axe... If i recall.

Advertisement