Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donniepcgames

[SOLVED] Looking for a decent EXILE server with less MODS and higher FPS

11 posts in this topic

As a server hopper, I have been on many EXILE servers over the last six months. I have been searching for a decent EXILE server for a while. An ideal server would be one that just uses EXILE and uses any map other than Altis or Stratis. There are way too many servers out there that use MAS or CUP. The more mods that run on servers, it seems that the FPS fails or the servers start having database problems. I also would love to find a server that maxes player counts at somewhere between 30 and 45. In my opinion, 50 or more people on one EXILE server can be troubling, unless you are on a massive map like Australia or Altis.

Why can't I find a decent EXILE server that is just EXILE? Why do server owners demand so many other mods run? I'm completely fine with everything that the base game of Arma 3 offers.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, donniepcgames said:

As a server hopper, I have been on many EXILE servers over the last six months. I have been searching for a decent EXILE server for a while. An ideal server would be one that just uses EXILE and uses any map other than Altis or Stratis. There are way too many servers out there that use MAS or CUP. The more mods that run on servers, it seems that the FPS fails or the servers start having database problems. I also would love to find a server that maxes player counts at somewhere between 30 and 45. In my opinion, 50 or more people on one EXILE server can be troubling, unless you are on a massive map like Australia or Altis.

Why can't I find a decent EXILE server that is just EXILE? Why do server owners demand so many other mods run? I'm completely fine with everything that the base game of Arma 3 offers.

I agree sometimes more is too much, but sometimes just a little more can be just right. I run Exile (Did enable a few ARMA 3 Armed Vehicles) with only DMS Missions added. I as players while they are on my servers how they like the setup and if there is anything I can adjust or add to keep it fun or make it more fun. I just want to have it fun, because that's what gaming is for, to have fun. My servers have pretty good FPS, with average for me being 45 FPS at the lowest in a mission with 28 AI so me personally I think that's ok. I do also agree with the slot amounts as I keep mine between 30 & 40, most of the time just leave it at 30. Keep in mind I set my Exile server for a different style then what Exile is meant for, PVE not PVP, but I run Locked Server events for fun where I switch to everything goes or full out co-op. This changes all the time as I do what the majority of the players would like to do on Locked Events.

2 hours ago, second_coming said:

Because Vanilla servers don't get players (unless you are MGT) :)

This is true, but some server owners (ME lol), don't care if my server is empty or full. Since I pay for all my servers, the main thing is that they are set up for fun and that meaning fun where I will enjoy them as well. But the OP has some good points, there are some out there that would rather play on a server that has less because they will have less issues with server going down, or getting kicked off due to some issue with an out of date mod or BE script issue.

But bottom line is there might not be a lot of servers that the OP was looking for, but there are some that are or come very close to, just hard to find.

My server oscillates between 10-30 players, sporting the Esseker map. We are running no other mods required to be installed by the player what so ever. Keys for various soundmods and CBA are included.  Some cosmetic stuff is done mission-side and we have tough AIs...

Feel free to visit our website www.dayzjarhead.de

We are a small and friendly community with a free teamspeak as well.

Edited by taikonaut

On the topic of lots of mods, I couldn't agree more. I regret putting MAS and RHS on my server. I wish I had kept those off. Now I have players asking for me to add TRYK back onto the server, which would add 2 more mods because you need TRYK and the fix for it. If it wouldn't be such a hassle, I'd remove MAS and RHS. I have tried joining servers in the past with a3launcher just to have it tell me I needed even more mods that I've already got installed so I just skip those. That's why my Namalsk server won't have any addons. 

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed
2 people like this

Just off load ai and other stuff to Hc then it's all smoot 

You have a choice of searching the server showcase forum, using a3launcher to search for servers, or www.gametracker.com. Pick one and im sure you will find what you are looking for. 

A perfect server...

Just EXILE, ESSEKER (either AIA terrain pack or CUP Terrains, since you need it for Esseker)

30-45 player max

AI missions

No more than three traders and five spawn points

Advertisement