Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjp808

Hireable Buyable AI Bodyguards or Followers?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everybody--Is this a thing in Exile? I just think this would be so dope if it were--thanx

I saw some discussion about it, but not sure of its actual or planned implementation.

Advertisement

Hmm I reckon I have a script that can do that... 

There is 1 AI system that's allowing players to hire guards for their bases, not sure which one it is. Although hiring AI's for bodyguards / followers for missions is not a actual thing just yet. I will see if I can implement my AI recruitment script to Exile, although it needs adjusting. 

Setup a new AI Recruitment Trader.
AI's will cost maybe 500 Pop Tabs per AI.
You cannot recruit AI's if your respect is below a certain point.

Now my concern is: 

When player dies, what happens to the AI? (Deletion / Death / Rejoin group?) (Rejoin group would make the most sense, however not sure how to do that :-(.)
If AI kills another AI, should there be reward? (Pop Tabs / Respect?)
Commanding AI (How? Since the action menus are replaced with Exile stuff, 1, 2, 3..... etc) (Maybe a XM8 app for commanding?)
AI's should not shoot other players unless ordered to.

The concerns have to be addressed, and I would need help with that, once everything is addressed, and tested I will release it to the community :)
If there is any skilled scripters who wants to contribute, let me know.. I'm not skilled myself :-( 

The one you are talking about Kaos for hiring base guards , is proberbly SARGES´AI i have the option to spawn AI guards for your base , depending on what lvl your base is in..... first lvl 2 ai guards, and so on.... the one im using is another.....and you can use it to hire help , mostly for singleplayers, because it takes up a place in your grup for each ai you get help from....

you have the option to set how many ais you will get help from, think the default is 10 oures is set to 2 ais, so that means, if you join a group whit lets say one ekstra player in, you are only able get help from one AI ...

the one im using is this one here.... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26312

21 hours ago, ka0s said:

Hmm I reckon I have a script that can do that... 

There is 1 AI system that's allowing players to hire guards for their bases, not sure which one it is. Although hiring AI's for bodyguards / followers for missions is not a actual thing just yet. I will see if I can implement my AI recruitment script to Exile, although it needs adjusting. 

Setup a new AI Recruitment Trader.
AI's will cost maybe 500 Pop Tabs per AI.
You cannot recruit AI's if your respect is below a certain point.

Now my concern is: 

When player dies, what happens to the AI? (Deletion / Death / Rejoin group?) (Rejoin group would make the most sense, however not sure how to do that :-(.)
If AI kills another AI, should there be reward? (Pop Tabs / Respect?)
Commanding AI (How? Since the action menus are replaced with Exile stuff, 1, 2, 3..... etc) (Maybe a XM8 app for commanding?)
AI's should not shoot other players unless ordered to.

The concerns have to be addressed, and I would need help with that, once everything is addressed, and tested I will release it to the community :)
If there is any skilled scripters who wants to contribute, let me know.. I'm not skilled myself :-( 

Setup a new AI Recruitment Trader. <----- as standart it are a flag you can use to hire them, i have done it so oure blackmarket trader is where you hire them instead.

AI's will cost maybe 500 Pop Tabs per AI. <------ cant figure that out my self, so for now they are free.... :-D whit a max of 2 ai units, if your alone.

When player dies, what happens to the AI? (Deletion / Death / Rejoin group? <- as standart if you die, or log off you will lose the ais, or if they die....

Commanding AI (How? Since the action menus are replaced with Exile stuff, 1, 2, 3..... etc <------ just set a new command button, and it works fine.... mine is set to NUM LOCK and works fine.

AI's should not shoot other players unless ordered to. <----- as standart they dont.... :-) just set your hireble units to be same faction.... i have changed the standart whit the exile units, and they dont shoot on other players it seems....

24 minutes ago, [RW] DaCoon said:

Setup a new AI Recruitment Trader. <----- as standart it are a flag you can use to hire them, i have done it so oure blackmarket trader is where you hire them instead.

AI's will cost maybe 500 Pop Tabs per AI. <------ cant figure that out my self, so for now they are free.... :-D whit a max of 2 ai units, if your alone.

When player dies, what happens to the AI? (Deletion / Death / Rejoin group? <- as standart if you die, or log off you will lose the ais, or if they die....

Commanding AI (How? Since the action menus are replaced with Exile stuff, 1, 2, 3..... etc <------ just set a new command button, and it works fine.... mine is set to NUM LOCK and works fine.

AI's should not shoot other players unless ordered to. <----- as standart they dont.... :-) just set your hireble units to be same faction.... i have changed the standart whit the exile units, and they dont shoot on other players it seems....

Nevermind, didn't see your post for Bon's Infantry Recruitment, will see what can be done with it, ;)

Edited by ka0s

Advertisement