rhammer2003

Vehicles Randomly disappearing

Question

Hello All,

I am haveing an issue with players vehicles disappearing. it is not just one or two but several, I had one player that had 10 vehicles, all pointing north and with nothing around them disappear... it doesn't seem to be an issue with exploding vehicles. and this is totally random, one player may have it happen once and others have had it happen several times. I have also verified it is not other players stealing them or blowing them up.

Any ideas? and yes I have checked the forum for other postings and they all seem to be related to vehicle position and or vehicles blowing up.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Our server seems to be having the very same issue. It could go for a week without anything disappearing, then suddenly one, two or half of the vehicles are gone after a server restart. Location, orientation, distance to other vehicles or walls etc. don't seem to matter at all, happens regardless.

Maybe the vehicles got deleted from the database because they haven´t been interacted with for a given time? I think the vanilla cleanup settings is about 3 days or so... correct me, if I´m wrong.

I had several vehicle hoarders on my server and his vehicles kept disappearing for exact this reason.

On the other hand, I had several occasions of vehicle disappearing right before players eyes, right in the middle of the game. Ah, the numerous wonders of the Arma engine. :)

Advertisement