Pistashio

Local server wont start

6 posts in this topic

HI all,

I downloaded exile client and server. I installed  the server and followed directions. I hit roadblocks and googles my way though them. I currently have a server that starts with the command prompt window up and a window with a white back saying server has started. I thought great then both windows vanish, i check to see if i am running a process and I'm not. I cannot find my server listed locally and completely lost. Can anyone possibly explain what i did wrong?

running on Windows 10

14 hours ago, Pistashio said:

HI all,

I downloaded exile client and server. I installed  the server and followed directions. I hit roadblocks and googles my way though them. I currently have a server that starts with the command prompt window up and a window with a white back saying server has started. I thought great then both windows vanish, i check to see if i am running a process and I'm not. I cannot find my server listed locally and completely lost. Can anyone possibly explain what i did wrong?

running on Windows 10

So head to this thread: http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8368-server-installationupgrade-guide-0941-clementine/

After you're there so ahead and download where it says to and follow the directions from the ReadMe, Exactly how it says; Anymore problems please quote me and let me know.

Advertisement
On 1/25/2016 at 9:55 AM, Shadowfying said:

So head to this thread: http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8368-server-installationupgrade-guide-0941-clementine/

After you're there so ahead and download where it says to and follow the directions from the ReadMe, Exactly how it says; Anymore problems please quote me and let me know.

All went great and I have not had any errors. I fired up the server and it seems to be working but i got a white box with a title text saying "Server Creation failed: 2302" with four lines of text  in the windows:

Deadicated host created.
Battleye server updated to version: 207
Battleye Server: initialized (v1.207)
Autoinit is supported for presistant missions

In another window I got Exile Monitor with text

Launching server
Exile Server Monitor... Active !

I figured I would have been able to run the server on the same box as the Arma 3 I use to play exile on. So Server could be up and running but I cannot run a second arma 3 to check. Anyway around this instance  problem?

12 hours ago, Pistashio said:

All went great and I have not had any errors. I fired up the server and it seems to be working but i got a white box with a title text saying "Server Creation failed: 2302" with four lines of text  in the windows:

Deadicated host created.
Battleye server updated to version: 207
Battleye Server: initialized (v1.207)
Autoinit is supported for presistant missions

In another window I got Exile Monitor with text

Launching server
Exile Server Monitor... Active !

I figured I would have been able to run the server on the same box as the Arma 3 I use to play exile on. So Server could be up and running but I cannot run a second arma 3 to check. Anyway around this instance  problem?

Make sure you edited all the config files; Following name: config.cfg in @ExileServer Go to battleye Folder and Battleeye.cfg (OR something similar to this) Unpack exile_server_config.pbo and scroll down to the bottom something relating to Rcon, might have to scroll up a little; Then Repack. If it still doesn't work send me your RPT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DATABASE SET-UP YOU NEED SQL FOR THIS MOD

3 hours ago, Shadowfying said:

Make sure you edited all the config files; Following name: config.cfg in @ExileServer Go to battleye Folder and Battleeye.cfg (OR something similar to this) Unpack exile_server_config.pbo and scroll down to the bottom something relating to Rcon, might have to scroll up a little; Then Repack. If it still doesn't work send me your RPT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DATABASE SET-UP YOU NEED SQL FOR THIS MOD

I do have SQL setup for the mod and I do have a bit of experience with it. I went though the config files and found two errors and tried again same thing but this time i got three lines in the white window and could start Arma 3. I did not know what a RPT file was so i googled and took a look myself ...  I sent it to you.

PS. Since i wrote this I believe i got it running. I found Path problems and changed drive letter and fired it up.

10:28:57 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.207)
10:28:57 Host identity created.
10:28:58 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
10:28:58 Mission Exile.Altis read from bank.
10:28:58 Roles assigned.
10:28:58 Reading mission ...
10:29:12 Mission read.
10:29:12 Failed attempt to execute serverCommand '#lock' by server.
10:29:12 Game started.

I opened arma 3 without problem and saw my server on lan and tried to connect. As I type I am currently falling to earth via parachute.

ty very much for you help

Edited by Pistashio

I am trying to start a server, run right thro your installation guide and everything, seems, ok....get to a window stating 'Launching server....Exile server monitor...active' the arma symbol comes up, then it just hangs for a while before eventually, in the same window 'Server restarting' and starts from beginning again...

Advertisement