On4fox

HC start problems

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

i just started reading into the headless client. I know all the controversity about it but i would love to give it a shot myself.

So i got my self a working local Server. Now when i start the hc with all the needed mods for the mission its running but the logfile is just not complete and the HC is not working as it should.

If i start the HC with a mod missing the mission is "loaded" and throws some errors. Despite the fakt that now the HC seems to run longer( since there is more in the log). It can't be fully functional without the missing mods.

Here is the start param for the first try and the rpt log:

start "HC" "arma3server.exe" -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -mod="@allinarmaterrainpack;@Ryanzombies;@Exile;@zombies_hc;" -nosound -name=HC -profile=HC 

http://pastebin.com/3fK1mEJX

And here the start without for example @Ryanzombies;

start "HC" "arma3server.exe" -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -mod="@allinarmaterrainpack;@Exile;@zombies_hc;" -nosound -name=HC -profile=HC 

http://pastebin.com/WrEAq82A

Has someone some tips for me on what iam doing wrong?

Why are my debug statements and the code only called when there is a missing mission mod?

Thanks for any help.

Are you running the server and HC off the same exe? They need to be two processes:

e.g. arma3server.exe and arma3serverHC.exe

Advertisement

Sadly i have the same results as before. I even made a copy of the whole directory without any change.

I found the problem, i forgot to add the headless player into the mission file. Now the headless client is connecting and starting. But after a short time the headless client just disconnects, but the prozess is still running. This is under Unix / Ubuntu 14.04. the same headless client is working under windows :/ 

I think you need to use a different profile name for server and HC:

This is how I start mine:

:: Server
start /min "arma3server" /realtime "arma3server.exe" -nologs -mod=@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@TRYK;@Exile; -nologs -serverMod=@ExileServer;@A3XAI;@infiSTAR_servermod; -bandwidthAlg=2 -bepath=F:\A3server\SC\BattlEye\ -port=2302 -maxMem=3072 -enableHT -noTexHeaders -loadmissiontomemory -profiles=SC -name=SC "-config=SC\config.cfg" "-cfg=SC\basic.cfg" -autoinit

:: HC
start /min "arma3serverHC" "arma3serverHC.exe" -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@TRYK;@Exile;@A3XAI_HC;@asm; -profiles=HCLogs

You just need to make a copy of arma3server.exe and name it arma3serverHC.exe and place it in the same directory.

Edited by second_coming

51 minutes ago, On4fox said:

I found the problem, i forgot to add the headless player into the mission file. Now the headless client is connecting and starting. But after a short time the headless client just disconnects, but the prozess is still running. This is under Unix / Ubuntu 14.04. the same headless client is working under windows :/ 

Look at the RPT for the HC (not the server) and it should tell you why the client keeps being kicked

Under Windows its working without problems. And also without the profile params.

He is not being kicked sadly. Here are the logs:
They are looking pretty normal:
HC:

http://pastebin.com/59gWhxDK

Server:
http://pastebin.com/b3i2tkEa

The logs of the HC just stop at  8:50:12,  the server shows his disconnect at  8:51:57.

Thanks for any help.

@second_coming do you have a headless client running under unix or just windows?

Problem occurred when saving profile data. The file may be set to read-only or can be blocked by another instance of the game (e.g., dedicated server)

That's related to the profile name not being unique.

I just have the HC running under Windows, I only briefly tried running Arma on Centos about 6 months ago and was underwhelmed by the performance :)

That's quite an old version of infiSTAR you have running too.

Do you have the following in your config.cfg?

headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};
localClient[]={127.0.0.1}; 

Edited by second_coming

So i removed the warring with adding the profile param to the HC but the result is sadly the same. 

Yes i know its time for a infistar update. i just want to get the HC running first.

Advertisement