Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saxon

Stuck on receiving server version

Question

hey, ive seen this question quite a lot on the forums however none of them have an actual answer, each all are extremely messy with random comments and no confirmed solutions 

How do i actually fix this problem, i tried replacing the tbbmalloc.dll file and it actually fixed the database where it wasnt connecting however im now getting the error of oudated server version now instead of "receiving server version", so i put back to old tbbmalloc.dll file and its back to being stuck at this:

20:02:03 "ExileServer - MySQL connection error!"
20:02:03 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
20:02:03 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
20:02:03 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("

Does anyone have an actual confirmed fix who has had first hand experience of this problem

Edited by saxon

1 answer to this question

I expect you to use Windows. Be sure that you have the required VC++ re-distributable installed. Also, make sure the extDB2.dll  is placed in your @ExileServer directory. On top of that, make sure that the DLL is not blocked by your Windows OS. Newer Windows versions tend to block unknown .dll files. Right click it, go to properties and check at the very bottom. If there is a checkbox saying its blocked, make sure its not.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0