Snakeyes

Base roofs should be fortified

6 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Base roofs are essentially a raised floor. It seems we should be able to fortify the roof with metal like we do our doors and walls. Lots of people like to park their helicopters on the roof. The metal fortification would make it stronger.

I'd much rather see a way to do a pitched roof instead of flat without having to Jimmy rig it using physics. LIke possibly have a vaulted ceilings frame with rafters and all that.

Advertisement
4 minutes ago, CrazyCorky said:

I'd much rather see a way to do a pitched roof instead of flat without having to Jimmy rig it using physics. LIke possibly have a vaulted ceilings frame with rafters and all that.

I agree CrazyCorky. A pitched roof looks more natural. Currently there is no pitch or tilt so we build what we can. I used a script in Epoch called Build Vectors. I had a pitched roof on one of my bases. Although the building is limited in Exile I think they are on the right track. Free, grid and snap building natively is pretty nice.

On 1/26/2016 at 2:16 PM, CrazyCorky said:

Use Ladders as rafters :)

3 people like this

Essentially two things would be nice to have in this mod at some point in time.

1. Enforced wooden floor's

2. Snap building pro or something similar to it that can allow vector building.

I do recall them having a bag of cement in one of the recent log changes so I suspect we are going to be able to fortify something with cement at some point.

I hope they get something in the game soon.. Seems to have come to a crawl in changes unless they got some big things coming and are holding off for a big patch.  The only problem I have with very big patches is it just introduces more opportunities for more bugs.  My recommendation would be more frequent smaller patches instead of big patches.  It's easier to centralize and resolve issues with less going into the game but whatever floats their boat.  They will have to deal with their mistakes one way or another in the end.

Regardless looking forward to something.

Edited by Brez
1 person likes this

On 01/02/2016 at 6:07 PM, Brez said:

I do recall them having a bag of cement in one of the recent log changes so I suspect we are going to be able to fortify something with cement at some point.

hopefully not for cinderblock walls, as cinderblocks are pretty weak IRL and a 9mm makes easy work of them. and there are also them people that can even brake them on there heads lol

Advertisement