Falcon911

Suggestion- Infistar Desktop tool

21 posts in this topic

Chris, 

If you would like this in another section of the forums I understand to keep this from being overrun with BS, 

Here I go, 

You know of a way utilize the logs and features to produce an out of the game admin tool.  I'm not talking about using a TOAD sql or other such DB access tools available today. 

Again this is a dart board of ideas and I'm sure other people will be commenting on this. 

Features: :

• Able to adjust a person respect/money/items/gear
  • See what territories they have and who they are sharing them with and current size
  • See what vehicles they own and the pin #
  • Able to adjust daytime/nighttime settings outside the game (This one is a long shot but not necessary)
  • Current logs for everything your producing in infistar and keep track of them in the tool. Meaning of player A was wall hacking. I want to see how many times and when. Sort of like a personal file on the server. 

This new feature would need to be utilized in a windows desktop environment/form. I do not want this in a webpage format unless there is no other option. 

Using a new table in the current exile DB would be an option to log the logs.  

2 people like this

Hey,

yeah that is all possible but I need to know why you don't want that in a webpage format? :)

Just that was the first thing I thought of 

2 people like this

Advertisement

I guess having a Dedicated game server being utilizes as a HTML server in the same format would not be the best security related item IMHO...I'm just weird that way...Yeah it's much easier to update vs a tool that runs on the desktop. I'm 100% against it, don't get me wrong.. 

I just like having a RCON like tool (IE.. EPM Rcon tool) loaded on my machine vs worrying about someone who is trying to hack my account on a webpage....

Again that's just me. 

Why do I get a sneaky suspicion that your going to join up with Maca on this one with his Marma webpage...:ph34r:

having some of the admin features of infistar as a desktop tool would be really cool..

AH log alerts out of game and some features from the admin menu would solve being able to monitor a server but not necessarily be in game, a chat log would be a nice addition also

could it be made to monitor multiple servers at once also?

I also think that it needs to be an executable and not web based, I tried marma but could never get it to work 100%.

I'm not saying marma doesn't work, it just wasn't the right tool for me.

given the amount of websites and people on those sites who are dedicated to the cracking of infistar, web based access would put me off using such a tool

a remote control for infistar does sound pretty awesome though :)

Edited by Eggbox

48 minutes ago, Eggbox said:

having some of the admin features of infistar as a desktop tool would be really cool..

AH log alerts out of game and some features from the admin menu would solve being able to monitor a server but not necessarily be in game, a chat log would be a nice addition also

could it be made to monitor multiple servers at once also?

I also think that it needs to be an executable and not web based, I tried marma but could never get it to work 100%.

I'm not saying marma doesn't work, it just wasn't the right tool for me.

given the amount of websites and people on those sites who are dedicated to the cracking of infistar, web based access would put me off using such a tool

a remote control for infistar does sound pretty awesome though :)

+1 to be able to view logs outside of game,  I too tried MArma, great tool,  but if it had the integration of an infistar addition in reporting,  I'd re-sign up! 

1 person likes this

why re-invent the wheel again and again? bughemia re-invents every shit they have done in the past from time to time... but the outcome isnt any better than what they had achieved before... so totally useless in some point

there are already website scripts out there which do exactly what you want..

and if you host them on your server you can access them from all over the world without the need of having the desktopprogram with you all the time

jm2c

32 minutes ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

why re-invent the wheel again and again? bughemia re-invents every shit they have done in the past from time to time... but the outcome isnt any better than what they had achieved before... so totally useless in some point

there are already website scripts out there which do exactly what you want..

and if you host them on your server you can access them from all over the world without the need of having the desktopprogram with you all the time

jm2c

no.... There are no website or scripts that integrate infistar features

I'm well aware that there are many tools available (used most of them) but this is for Chris to (hopefully) make a remote infistar tool for the control of infistar features and not your average rcon tool

Web based access does give access from anywhere but as far as I know there aren't many people actively trying to hack marma at the moment as opposed to those trying to hack infistar

plus.. If I'm away from my desktop, I'm away from my desktop for a reason :)

Edited by Eggbox
1 person likes this

Just throwing it out there... I've never faced problems with mARMA, although there is delay, agreed, but besides that it's a absolutely must-have tool for server admins, you can monitor anything you'd like, and remotely execute scripts as well.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Just throwing it out there... I've never faced problems with mARMA, although there is delay, agreed, but besides that it's a absolutely must-have tool for server admins, you can monitor anything you'd like, and remotely execute scripts as well.

Oh I agree it is a great tool,  just would be even super better if there was integration. 

Especially when both tools are from the one owner

#chris software enterprise 2016

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, ka0s said:

I agree, marma IS a great tool but you can only monitor 'anything you like' with a paid subscription..

now if Chris made a similar desktop version with the ability to monitor infistar's anti hack, tp, glitch, etc logs with added chat logging and be able to use a few things from the infistar admin menu then I'd pay Chris a subscription for that no problem..

Advertisement