Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C4BooS3

Exile Fatique

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Not sure someone started a similiar topic but I havent found one. I've spend some time thinking. What would you think about reimplementing the arma 3 Fatique system? Before you all go " Ah u stupid? cant do that! Thats BS!" Lets discuss this like adults.

Of course it would have to be up to Serverowners to decide wether they have Fatique or not. I personally would like the fatique system because now u just carry a shitload of everything around instead of thinking about your loadout depending on what u want to do: U wanna go looting? Take a big backpack cuz you ll be gone for long (can't sprint all the way with alot of weight on your back; supplies? you ll find them); U wanna go hunting? Take weapon and ammo and supplies because. Think about what kind of vest you will use... stuff like that. Of course you could implement scripts that for example if you drink an energy drink u can sprint for a few minutes without getting fatiqued. I think that would make for an interesting new gameplay

what do you guys think?

I'm gonna have to go with a big no. I hate weight and if it makes me move slow eh screw that. This is merely me speaking from a server owner point.

Advertisement

In general, I am a huge fan of the stamina system and mechanics when playing co-op or even Wasteland PvP. However, for survival mods, particularly on Altis, when you may need to run for 4+ km to get back to your buddies/body/base it would be a huge pain in the ass.

1 person likes this

While getting tired and slowing down makes things more realistic, it just doesn't make for good gameplay.  Fatigue was a big turn off for me and others I know, we stayed clear of Arma 3 for a long time because of this.

On 1/29/2016 at 0:12 PM, C4BooS3 said:

Hey guys,

Not sure someone started a similiar topic but I havent found one. I've spend some time thinking. What would you think about reimplementing the arma 3 Fatique system? Before you all go " Ah u stupid? cant do that! Thats BS!" Lets discuss this like adults.

Of course it would have to be up to Serverowners to decide wether they have Fatique or not. I personally would like the fatique system because now u just carry a shitload of everything around instead of thinking about your loadout depending on what u want to do: U wanna go looting? Take a big backpack cuz you ll be gone for long (can't sprint all the way with alot of weight on your back; supplies? you ll find them); U wanna go hunting? Take weapon and ammo and supplies because. Think about what kind of vest you will use... stuff like that. Of course you could implement scripts that for example if you drink an energy drink u can sprint for a few minutes without getting fatiqued. I think that would make for an interesting new gameplay

what do you guys think?

Depends on the type of server you want to run.  I like to run the mod as its intended: a prison exile where convicts would not be allowed to use attack choppers, tanks etc.  I like the "difficult" settings: 3rd person disabled, map markers disabled, crosshair disabled ... and stamina/fatigue enabled.  I dont "like" fatigue as a player, you aren't supposed to.  It is meant to challenge you to overcome that limitation.    My server wont be popular because its not easy, safe and loaded with weapons or gear in every building.  But its the server I want and as the person paying the bills and doing the work,  thats what matters.  In fact thats all that matters for  all server owners/admins whether you do hardcore survival or something else .. I dont know what term to use for those servers where everything is easy, safe and available
(popular? standard? wussified? :P)
 SAWC .. Size and Weight Considerations ... https://twitter.com/nutnfancy/status/607013503107407874
Same thing about 'flipping' a car.  Flip bikes, flip ATV .. but if you roll your car it just sucks to be you. No flips allowed!

So to answer the original post.  its already an option.  In your mission folder, the config.cpp file.

CProgram_Files_%252528x86%252529Steamste

Edited by ShootingBlanks
1 person likes this

Advertisement