jedichris816

Popular Addons for Exile? What To Use?

9 posts in this topic

I'm new to Exile but I have experience running various Arma 2 DayZ and Arma 3 Epoch servers.  I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on some of the popular addons server owners use?

Does Exile have built in missions and AI? 

Do I need VEMF?

Do I need A3EAI?

I plan on using MAS WEapons and MAS Vehicles, but I don't want to load the server down too much.

Also, is it better to use a dedicated box for SQL or to put the database on the same box running the Arma 3 server isntance?  When I was hosting Arma 2 server, I would always have MySQL running on it's own dedicated machine.  Really I want best performance for the game server itself and if that means keeping SQL on a separate machine, so be it. 

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Edited by jedichris816

Advertisement

For AI/missions: DMS, VEMF, A3XAI or run FuMS with a headless client (it basically does what the other three do and more in one package)

Personal recommendations.

AI Mods.

A3AXI, DMS, (I use both, A3 for roaming AI and DMS for AI missions.)

Weapon Mods.

HLC Weapon pack (Best weapon mod) and also CUP or RHS are pretty good.

Other Mods.

InfiSTAR Anti Hack & Admin Tool, GR8s Humanity & Welcome message mods, Status Bar Mod, John's Roaming Trader (and his other scripts), Happy's Exile Enigma revive mod, ETG HeliCrash and Supply box drop script.

Look around the various sections of the forums and you will soon get an idea of what most people are using.

Edited by F1Schu
1 person likes this

Anyone who says CUP is a good weapons pack reduces the credibility of any of their other suggestions.

MAS Weapons and Vehicles are the best options available, regardless of which you end up choosing (RHS, CUP, otherwise), if you don't want a garbage trader list then there's a lot of work to be done in terms of cleaning the list up and making sure the attachments and whatnot sync to their respective weapons.

This is especially true if you include two packs, say RHS and MAS Weapons/Vehicles.  You'll end up having 30 M4 Variants, 15 different 5.56 mags, 12 humvees, etc.  Going through the lists and making sure what can spawn, what's at the trader, etc, is clean and sync'd is a lot of work.

Just FYI if you manage to get your hands on A3XAI (I've got it, but won't share it, as it's not optimized for current Exile version = It's buggy as fuck, and with Nexus update it also broke a lot of stuff with A3XAI) Developer of A3XAI has stopped updating it, as people are dumb as shit, and keep asking the same god damn questions without reading the manuals. 

Bottom line is: Don't use A3XAI unless you're a scripter and can fix the numerous amount of bugs introduced with the last few versions of Exile, and full compatibility for 1.54, if you are a scripter, then go right ahead :)

It appears Buttface did quit working on A3XAI...  I used his DZAI back in Arma 2 for my Overwatch servers.  I don't blame him though...there were always whiners in his forum on OpenDayz.net that never read the install instructions.  One thing Buttface did well was explain how the install takes place and very rarely did anyone ever read the install document.  Such a shame because he seemed pretty dedicated to his AI framework.  I even had a few brief conversations with him a few years ago when DZAI was really taking off.

10 hours ago, Thrash said:

Anyone who says CUP is a good weapons pack reduces the credibility of any of their other suggestions.

MAS Weapons and Vehicles are the best options available, regardless of which you end up choosing (RHS, CUP, otherwise), if you don't want a garbage trader list then there's a lot of work to be done in terms of cleaning the list up and making sure the attachments and whatnot sync to their respective weapons.

This is especially true if you include two packs, say RHS and MAS Weapons/Vehicles.  You'll end up having 30 M4 Variants, 15 different 5.56 mags, 12 humvees, etc.  Going through the lists and making sure what can spawn, what's at the trader, etc, is clean and sync'd is a lot of work.

I agree CUP is not that great but it has guns that I want on my server that are not in MAS or the others and as for MAS Weapons being the best weapon mod... its simply not. HLC'S weapon pack is by far the best available.  Better weapons, better textures and better reload animations than any of the other packs not mention the added bonus of the different types of ammo for each of the weapons.

They aren't tuned to function properly (recoil, weight, etc), nor are their damage values equivalent to that of their respective calibers in Arma 3.

I'd sacrifice any number of things as long as the weapon functions as it should.

Advertisement