ka0s

+1 Advanced Sling Loading

26 posts in this topic

Sorry for my ignorance but i have a question please don't judge me on this I'm very "bambi" to modding servers and adding things to them but you have to start somewhere right, so question is do i need to make this a .pbo and drop it into the addon's folder like i have done with the advanced towing. I guess I'm assuming something here and that makes an ass out of me. Lol. I've been able to add things like DMS and Occupations and Advanced towing pretty easy, still a few things that I'm kinda hesitant with some things but i'll get there in the end.

TIA! Huskie.

i kind of have this working but its like its only running client side as only 1 person can control the ropes at a time, Eg: i get in choppa as piolet and i can drop the ropes but then only i can pick them up, if Bob then gets in the chopper as pilot he can pick up the ropes but i no longer can.

What i did:

Put fn_advancedSlingLoadingInit.sqf in mission directory.

Add [] execVM "fn_advancedSlingLoadingInit.sqf"; to  init.sqf file. 

Do i also need to get  https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedSlingLoading  and load it as a -servermod?

@Huskie19 Did you manage to get it to work?

Advertisement
40 minutes ago, xzerokoolx said:

i kind of have this working but its like its only running client side as only 1 person can control the ropes at a time, Eg: i get in choppa as piolet and i can drop the ropes but then only i can pick them up, if Bob then gets in the chopper as pilot he can pick up the ropes but i no longer can.

What i did:

Put fn_advancedSlingLoadingInit.sqf in mission directory.

Add [] execVM "fn_advancedSlingLoadingInit.sqf"; to  init.sqf file. 

Do i also need to get  https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedSlingLoading  and load it as a -servermod?

@Huskie19 Did you manage to get it to work?

@xzerokoolx No i have not as yet to be honest i haven't tried to either I've been side tracked with another issue with another mod. I'll put this on the backburner for the moment until i get this other issue sorted which should not be to long.

Advanced Sling Loading is broken you can't deploy ropes and when you try to your scroll function is gone

4 hours ago, Blackmagic said:

Advanced Sling Loading is broken you can't deploy ropes and when you try to your scroll function is gone

I agree. Although you can deploy them, but you can't see the box that use to appear in the top left of the screen to select how many ropes you want to deploy.

Do you have infistar running? there is a commandmenu blocker

CMC = false;

or
allowedCommandingMenus[] = {"#USER:ASL_Deploy_Ropes_Count_Menu","#USER:ASL_Show_Select_Ropes_Menu_Array"};

4 hours ago, Fewufu said:

Do you have infistar running? there is a commandmenu blocker

CMC = false;

or
allowedCommandingMenus[] = {"#USER:ASL_Deploy_Ropes_Count_Menu","#USER:ASL_Show_Select_Ropes_Menu_Array"};

Close but you need to go to your mission.pbo and then description.ext and find Commanding Menu you'll see a line that says: false, // Commanding menu you need to make it true by default it's false now after the update

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Blackmagic said:

Close but you need to go to your mission.pbo and then description.ext and find Commanding Menu you'll see a line that says: false, // Commanding menu you need to make it true by default it's false now after the update

Do you know what else that shows if you enable it?

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Do you know what else that shows if you enable it?

I'm guessing it will only show commanding menus for any plugins you use

On 9/26/2016 at 2:29 AM, Blackmagic said:

You know i really wish i saw this thread out of the 50 around the net about advanced sling loading. It is broken "Exactly" as you described.

I spent tons of hours trying to repair it, any way possible. The only way would be to fix it completely, or beg duda to look at this.

Advertisement