HixXy

My Thoughts On Exile

18 posts in this topic

So my thoughts on Exile......

How is it a survival mod? there is no survival aspect with traders in the game...
You implement tin opener to open tins and tools to do this that the other but why? all it creates is an annoyance, you can just go to the traders and buy anything and everything so it defies the point of looting a tin opener so you can actually eat some food because you can just head to one of the 3 (sometimes more) traders and buy it

Theres alot of ideas like one i just read about new crates smelting this molding that ect ect but why bother when you can go to a trader and buy what is required the only looting required is loot some weapons sell some weapons buy gear rinse repeat and you gradually gain better cars tanks gear whatever.  The Survival aspect is non existent the only 1 singular actual survival mod i have found on arma 3 is Breaking Point they have it bang on that game is actually HARD to survive in yet its simple theres no tin openers ect but there is no traders.  In my opinion the traders remove any and all survival aspect of any game.

Exile was fun untill my base was built then it became exactly the same as epoch and the rest with some slightly different features.  Im interested in seeing what you guys have done with namalsk i will sure be here to check it out but certainly wont be long before im once again bored of a shoddy attempt at a survival mod with server owners making it all too easy and devs adding much needless and annoying tasks.

EDIT: Just want to point out there is some good features im not saying Exile is bad bla bla but for me and the people i play with the Negatives massivley out weigh the Posistives

Edited by HixXy

Survival against other players, simple really

The term Survival is a very broad word!!

Advertisement

The survival aspects are really up to the server admins and development and Exile can take many different paths, it all depends on what your core players want and request and then balancing economy, missions and vehicles so it isn't too easy too quickly and then boring but you don't make it so hard to get started that no one plays.

I suspect with updates and community built stuff that in the future you could make a full on hard-core survival server with Exile as imo its the best of the pack using Arma3 at their core and at least the community is pretty active and people are giving help to others which I found pretty tricky in the Arma/Epoch forums.

1 person likes this

Don't rant on Exilemod, it's not Exilemod that's the problem. 

The problem is server owners, making it way too easy for players B|

There.... I said it. 

2 people like this

20 hours ago, HixXy said:

the only 1 singular actual survival mod i have found on arma 3 is Breaking Point they have it bang on that game is actually HARD to survive

i didn't notice this the first time round Breaking Point are you fuck!ng serious PMSL It's soooooooo BLAND!!!

Edited by Sgt Smash

14 minutes ago, ka0s said:

There.... I said it. 

You're right alot of servers i've played on are well unbalanced with loot. some have cracked it!

29 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

i didn't notice this the first time round Breaking Point are you fuck!ng serious PMSL It's soooooooo BLAND!!!

Bland? no its the definition of a survival mod

41 minutes ago, ka0s said:

There.... I said it. 

no it is exile mod trying to make hardcore survival elements then implementing traders defies the point IE Tin Opener

33 minutes ago, HixXy said:

Bland? no its the definition of a survival mod

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

The term Survival is a very broad word!!

Define the word survival!!

The best think you can do is sod off back to BrokenPoint and play on servers with low pop's!!

I want more survival added to Exile but in a different sense!!

39 minutes ago, HixXy said:

no it is exile mod trying to make hardcore survival elements then implementing traders defies the point IE Tin Opener

Good job Exile ain't meant to be a hardcore survival mod then!!

Edited by Sgt Smash

Advertisement