GamersRoost

lingor Vehicles explode after restart, on player spawn close or approach - Lingor

Question

I really need some help on this issue - I am fully aware there many other posts about this, however they mostly end with "Its Arma get over it".

I cannot tell my players this. Its an obvious error with a non-supported map, (Lingor) but i am hoping someone will dig a bit into this with me.

When the server restarts, any vehicle MAY explode:

• Instantly
  • Upon a player spawning back in
  • Upon approach to the vehicle
  • Upon touching the vehicle
  • Upon looking at the vehicle - i know that sounds totally fucked up.... but its true.

About 10% of the time (tested) the vehicle will spawn in on its side, in the ground or in the object it is on.

Screen shot 1 is a blown up helicopter on a base roof                    Screen shot 2 is a Tempest taking a dirt nap on its side.  Upon "flipping" the vehicle on its side about 50% of the time, it explodes killing everyone around.

52D3631DC3C41225BDC778F263CCB3D15D10A7C8FE0888C2F2FA232EA02065CD10A6FAD6A23701BA

This happens ONLY on our Lingor server.

I have 4 other servers that this does not happen on. Just Lingor.

I run CUP terrains - BUT - I run CUP terrains because of this issue. I was seeing if AllinArma was the cause of it. Seems to happen no matter what.

This affect ALL vehicles - Boats - cars - trucks - planes - helicopters.

It affects all mods as well. Exile vehicles, RHS CUP MAS - well all of them, you get the picture.

So, here is my hope and dream:

When we see a vehicle off in the distance, or, before we interact with it, it is either hovering slightly above the ground, or is IN the ground.

Here is a picture of a GAZ - note the suspension is extended, and note the wheels, in the ground.

I would have taken the screen shot but it exploded when i got any closer.

0071218F7FEF9EA2A152F3727D3D9C2FFC1BC2E0

Here is a picture of the Cobra (to the left in the picture).  seems Legit, right ?

8023BF787037AF9579956417E21CBD3D898EEE5F

Below is a video of me shooting the taru to see if it would drop and blow up (testing never stops).

Please note, i shoot the TARU and the Cobra falls forward into the floor the resets to level.

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=9132C4BC75EACE54&resid=9132C4BC75EACE54%2156264&authkey=ADgSmlzj8oRAYMI

Edited by GamersRoost
1 person likes this

16 answers to this question

sounds like some kind of issue with the terrian if they spawn on thier sides.  what happens in the editor?  use same map and terrians and place vehicles, then try a script to spawn in vehicles using a trigger so you can watch it.   something like radio alpha createvehicle at marker position directly in front of player unit. 

if it all works okay, then it must be an issue with the code.  if it fails then its an issue with the map and terrians.

might be able,to,edit the code to,spawn,just a bit above the ground,and then,tbey will drop,onto,the,terrian

Edited by ShootingBlanks
1 person likes this

Advertisement
8 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

sounds like some kind of issue with the terrian if they spawn on thier sides.  what happens in the editor?  use same map and terrians and place vehicles, then try a script to spawn in vehicles using a trigger so you can watch it.   something like radio alpha createvehicle at marker position directly in front of player unit. 

if it all works okay, then it must be an issue with the code.  if it fails then its an issue with the map and terrians.

might be able,to,edit the code to,spawn,just a bit above the ground,and then,tbey will drop,onto,the,terrian

I was thinking along these exact same lines!

Thanks man I appreciate the suggestion for sure.

Josh

I have had this issue since day one on  Panthera and Australia

Edited by gmctyphoon92
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, gmctyphoon92 said:

I have had this issue since day one on  Panthera and Australia

Side note, the Typhoon never saw its day. If you own that, 92, wrap that thing in plastic. Stuff it in a storage unit! One day it will be the Grand National of our generation.

11 hours ago, GamersRoost said:

Side note, the Typhoon never saw its day. If you own that, 92, wrap that thing in plastic. Stuff it in a storage unit! One day it will be the Grand National of our generation.

I have 2 of them now, one never see's outdoor life and the other is a daily WIP driver. Daily right now is a little 97 Talon TSi

1 person likes this

I had a hunter spawning on its side on Altis as well, right next to the Terminal on a flat surface. I logged off right beside it, restarted the server, logged back in and Whoops, there it goes, like in OPs second screenshot. I was able to flip it, though.

Vehicles exploding on restart it kinda old, I think. Dunno if you are aware. As far as I know, it comes from built structures, realigning on restart. All the stuff spawns in, aligned north to south (?), and then the actual positions are applied to the structures. If your vehicle is touched in this process by the structure, it goes boom. Could be fixed with a delayed spawning of vehicles, if this is even possible.

Edited by taikonaut
1 person likes this

The best thing we have found is telling players to park vehicles as close to north as possible, as well as ensuring they are not parked on wooden floors and have adequate space to rotate on the spot a full 360. This way, there isn't any chance it can collide with anything when it spawns back in, this seems to save alot of vehicles.

I have the same probem in Bornholm map (Bornholm Heroes server). My Huron has exploded at least three times when me or some of my friends have spawned in to the game.

2016-02-13_00001.jpg

2016-02-13_00002.jpg

1 person likes this

This is a arma 3 bug, i can't seem to find the bug report on BI's bugs forum. but i think i may have fixed this problem, maybe not. (if i had to guess i replaced exile_server.pbo with the latest version and it fixed it) not 100% sure.

Advertisement