boski

[SOLVED] 30fps maximum - EXILE

Question

Hello, I've not seen an FPS related thread here so I'm just gonna quickly ask here (sorry) 

I usually play this game on standard/high but on this mod (in the esekker map anyway) I can't really get over 30fps... Even on 4:3 aspect ratio, terrible resolutions and the lowest the graphics settings go, I still get 30-38fps.. I don't understand?..

PC Specs: 

CPU : AMD FX6300 3.5ghz

GPU : EVGA 970 4GB SC

RAM :16gb 1300mhz

MOBO : GA-78LMT-USB3

PSU : CS705M Gold 

1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

First, please understand that Arma is not performance optimized at all. It's not even 64 Bit yet. DX12 support is also not there. The Arma community has been begging Bohemia Interactive for solutions, but without any relevant reactions so far. See here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=716

I doubt that the base engine can be modified to make it really better. They are promoting techniques like parallax occlusion mapping to be the new shit, but in fact it has been around for ca. 15 years. Also, Arma is still using stencil shadows - a technique that was new in the ages of Doom 3.

However, the only thing that makes Exile different from vanilla Arma when it comes to performance is base building. If you happen yourself having low FPS on a certain server, you can be sure that there are too many construction objects. As a short description: Even the constructions that you do not see on your screen slow your game down. Also the server. If the server has more than 7k constructions on it, it will slow everything down.

Please try a different server. Prefer one that is almost empty or new. If it is still slow, then you can exclude constructions to be the reason. Then its probably something else, but Exile.

By the way. What Floss said is true. Arma does run much better on Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs - even if that does not help you.

Your processor is bottlenecking you. Arma is based on highest clock speed. Also i've noticed that Arma runs better with intel chips. I use a i5-3570k @ 4.8ghz and on some servers I see around 80-100 FPS.

1 person likes this

We have closed this thread and marked it as solved.

Advertisement