Rasphelt

Newbie Server Install - Please Help!

8 posts in this topic

HI guys,

I have a few questions relating to my new Exile server with GamingDeluxe.  Please go easy, I am new to game server hosting and just would really like some pointers on where to look for the answers!

1. How do I get rid of the xmas stuff added to Exile - Santa Hats, pressies etc.  Is it in the MPMissions/Exile pbo's?
  2. How do I change the player UI?  it is currently the base one (info in each corner) and I would really like the full bar across the bottom.
  3. I would really like to amend the XMB/MAP to give server details etc - can you let me know where to go to do this?
  4. I would also like to amend the messages etc on logging on to the server - giving messages to the players etc.
  5. I want to setup a schedule to a) reboot the server every 4 hours b) remove any abandoned bases/cars etc and c) set limits/variables on what can be placed where - bases near military areas, over roads etc - how/where do I do this?
  6. How can I amend what is available to buy/the sale cost in the trader zones - some guns and vehicles I need to remove/increase in price for balance reasons
  7. How can I change the day night cycle? I want to keep it, but I want to set the time and frequency it runs for.
  8. How can I set what a player starts with? Guns/water/poptabs etc?

I am running InfiSTAR FYI.  Speaking of which I am getting a strange issue where people seem to get kicked for no reason, very frequently, with no message other than player disconnected.  This happens to the admins too.

Any and all help you can give would be very much appreciated as I am really hoping to run a nice little community and want to give the players the best experience possible!

Thanks again, and apologies if this is not the right place to put this!

Cheers

Ben (Rasphelt

Edited by Rasphelt

Update:

I have figured out part of 5. and 6. above.

All help appreciated!!

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Rasphelt

Advertisement

Pretty sure all of these have been talked about a few times.  Most of it you will figure out when you read through your config.cpp in the mission file. 

Rest of your questions can be answered with the search function.   Do some reading, and come back with questions when you really get stuck.  You will be better off after doing so and know your server a lot more.  So I guess my pointer is, use search, and read a lot. 

Thanks Wik, I was really just looking for pointers to articles to short cut the searching.

I am doing some reading and searching so I will update as I continue to better my understanding - in the meantime, all pointers help!

Cheers

BEn

Ok, I am making good progress - I have begun the custom modding of battleye too, which seems to be working nicely!

I do have an issue with all players (incl admins) getting the "You were kicked from the game" message and I have no idea a) where to look for this in the logs and b) how to fix it - can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Cheers!

Ben

Ok I have figured most of this out - and I will figure the UI out I am sure.

I have two outstanding questions though, that I will start a new thread with.

Cheers

Ben

Wow man thank you! :)

I appreciate the help more than you know!

Cheers

Ben

Advertisement