Banjotheraindo

Fortified floors (pics)

11 posts in this topic

Hi there I've been trying to figure out a way to make my base as fortified as possible and with no option to fortify floors I've resorted to playing around with the physics to place walls laying down and then upgrading them to metal. But I can only place them via free mode. So has anyone figured out a way to snap walls laying down or do they all have to be placed individually ?

See pics below.

Thanks

Banjo

2016-02-13_00001.jpg

2016-02-13_00002.jpg

Edited by Banjotheraindo
added pics

I believe free-mode and snap-mode is 2 different tools, i don't think there is a way to snap while in free-mode.

Advertisement

I mean as in snap a wall to a wall that's already been placed laying down.  I'm using free mode to have them laying flat but I can't snap to them to them to line up perfectly.  

7 minutes ago, Banjotheraindo said:

I mean as in snap a wall to a wall that's already been placed laying down.  I'm using free mode to have them laying flat but I can't snap to them to them to line up perfectly.  

you will have to talk to the developers on that one :P - would be a nice feature to have! although it would make floors useless

@Banjotheraindo

I can't answer your question, but you have given me an idea for my own base. I have internal stairs that ascend to the roof. I tried using the floor with a port on it, but I could not upgrade that to a door which could be locked. So I added a small super structure on the roof with a lockable door. If I can use a wall with a door and lay it down on the roof like a floor tile, my problem is solved. More space on the roof to land helicopters. 

1 hour ago, Snakeyes1 said:

@Banjotheraindo

I can't answer your question, but you have given me an idea for my own base. I have internal stairs that ascend to the roof. I tried using the floor with a port on it, but I could not upgrade that to a door which could be locked. So I added a small super structure on the roof with a lockable door. If I can use a wall with a door and lay it down on the roof like a floor tile, my problem is solved. More space on the roof to land helicopters. 

Enable physics, and drop it onto a ledge so it falls over  

17 minutes ago, Banjotheraindo said:

Enable physics, and drop it onto a ledge so it falls over  

I can get the wall to fall over by setting it on the edge of a crate. But when I try to move it into place it goes vertical again. How do I move the new "floor" tile into place after it is laying down?

@BanjotheraindoUnfortunately you are not able to snap walls together like that. At least not with some unwanted effects. I wouldn't recommend it for those reasons, and because a wall doesn't act as a floor, which can results in glitches. (Of course the game did not freak out as much once I started the recording, but I can get pretty bad.)

@Snakeyes1 I did something like that for the base of my group, but I used a gate instead. Video of it in action (Ignore the double floor, some big uncontested bully community did not like new competition, and started wasting tens of thousands of poptabs on explosives for Offline Raiding purposes,  because everything else failed horribly.) This has multiple advantages, notably a bigger cover (on two sides) than a door would provide. You have the option to simply put it on top of the trap door, but this is not my style, which is why I used a setup like this to put down the gate.

However, using this method requires you to use one more base building part to seal of the entrance completely, because the height of the opening of the trap door is bigger than the height of the gate.

Edited by Brady_The

Advertisement