C][G GhostTown™

Looking for a new provider

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am currently with Host Havoc and at this time I am unhappy with the performance.

The database seems unresponsive at times, the control panel can be slow and I feel the server its self seems to struggle with performance and I hardly have anyone playing on it yet.

 

So I feel like moving and trying to find a better provider so was looking for suggestions?

I have heard alot about both Vert Hosting and QGS, was wondering what people have to say about both? 

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

 

I am running a heavily modified server with alot going on so hopefully the new provider can handle that, as of now Host Havoc struggles alot it seems and the connection is low at times.

 

Also, does anyone know any providers that allow you to run your own batch file upon server start up? I wanted to have a batch running that checks if the server has crashed or what not to restart it but most providers dont allow that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Check out our free trial if you want to see how our system works. If you are running that heavy a server we could price you up a dedicated server aswell. 

As for own batch files, you won't find a host which allows you to do that on their shared system as its too big a security risk. But the control panel we use (TCAdmin) automatically detects crashes and reboots the server when it goes down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
19 minutes ago, QGS said:

Hi,

Check out our free trial if you want to see how our system works. If you are running that heavy a server we could price you up a dedicated server aswell. 

As for own batch files, you won't find a host which allows you to do that on their shared system as its too big a security risk. But the control panel we use (TCAdmin) automatically detects crashes and reboots the server when it goes down. 

I have your website open now and was checking you out, I like the fact your active on here and is replying and helping people out.

I may check out the trail and give you a shot! I thought about a dedicated but just a little out my price range right now... Bills bills and more bills haha

 

Thanks for the quick reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

I have your website open now and was checking you out, I like the fact your active on here and is replying and helping people out.

I may check out the trail and give you a shot! I thought about a dedicated but just a little out my price range right now... Bills bills and more bills haha

 

Thanks for the quick reply!

No problem mate. 

I'm on live chat right now if you want a chat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GhostTown,

Go with these guys... I did and it's been a dream. Help Desk support is first rate, services they offer (one-click mod setup) is awesome. Mod selection is all current stuff. They even loaded a Mod they didn't have just for me. They loaded my infiSTAR for me, their just great. I've used other providers and they haven't come close to these guys.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Riggleboy said:

GhostTown,

Go with these guys... I did and it's been a dream. Help Desk support is first rate, services they offer (one-click mod setup) is awesome. Mod selection is all current stuff. They even loaded a Mod they didn't have just for me. They loaded my infiSTAR for me, their just great. I've used other providers and they haven't come close to these guys.

I have already went with them!

Was going to do a review soon, but so far I am extremely happy with them.

Just really upsetting that I spent $30 on my other provider and $20 on server sponsorship through the A3Launcher and can't get non of that refunded.

I don't recommend Host Havoc.

Poor performance and the entire system seems to bottle neck and cause DB issues.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish these guys added a Seattle location as it seems there quite capable and willing to add the mods for people ( which I think is amazing! ) they just need more locations and a different way of paying as we in North America shouldn't get hosed paying in British pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a player base and running a lot of mods you are best to move to a vps or dedi server. GSP cap most of the setting like cpu count and memory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarvellousOne said:

I wish these guys added a Seattle location as it seems there quite capable and willing to add the mods for people ( which I think is amazing! ) they just need more locations and a different way of paying as we in North America shouldn't get hosed paying in British pounds.

Actually go to the order screen mate, you can change to dollars :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, QGS said:

Actually go to the order screen mate, you can change to dollars :)

Must of been because I was checking with my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.