gmctyphoon92

[SOLVED] Glitch Through Buildables still exist

7 posts in this topic

I really hope the glitching through walls will be fixed before the next update releases. 1 base I found on RC Namalsk Test server and easily dove under a wall. It is VERY easy to do. In fact my exile server became quickly empty when people figured out it could be done. I know it wont be an easy fix, but if I get time I can try to figure it out and get back to you guys here if I find what can be done.

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, agentGoonie said:

Isn't this resolved by utilizing InfiniStar?

-Goonie

Yes it does. 

In: EXILE_AHAT_CONFIG.HPP

Spoiler

wall_look = false;                    /* checks if a players tries to look through a wall (if player is allowed to build in that territory, it will not be logged.) */
wall_glitch_object = false;            /* checks if a players tries to glitch through a wall (if player is allowed to build in that territory, it will not be logged.) */
wall_glitch_vehicle = false;        /* stops players from glitching into bases using "eject" or "getout" of a vehicle.. */
stopSafeGlitch = true;                /* re-assigning "InventoryOpened" eventhandler to stop glitch open a locked safe */

1 person likes this

I talked with Chris @ InfiSTAR, all it does right now is logs. I literally tried everything even tried doubling up walls close together. Once you start to glitch under something it just keeps you under whatever object your under. You keep moving forward or rolling to come out the other side. This works well even through reinforced walls.

Edited by gmctyphoon92

Here is what was said: 

I see the entry for stopping running wall glitch in the InfiSTAR. I tried turning it on and everyone still goes through, I tried and went through like 5 walls in 7 tries. Any fix or help on that?

It is not actually stopping the glitching through the wall anymore as that caused some trouble. It takes small countermeasures but it logs all tries of wall glitching so you as admin can talk to the player or even kick/ban him

1 person likes this

I am sorry, but the only way to prevent this is to build multiple objects after another. You have to know the ways glitching works in Arma and then build clever to prevent it.

This is literally possible EVERYWHERE in Arma. This is possible in Arma ever since. You can really just run through everything. Shoot through everything. Throw grenades through everything. You can run on water or underwater, swim on land and sprint up 90deg cliffs.

The core problems is the way how movement and animations are implemented in Arma. We cannot change this :( 

Bohemia Interactive is aware of this for ages. Yet, there is no real solution for this. I really hope there will be a solution for this in APEX.

1 person likes this

We have closed this thread and marked it as solved.

1 person likes this

Advertisement