Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pistashio

Connection issues

19 posts in this topic

I have had a server for about a week and in that week i have had two players connect to my server... well that made it on and stayed on. Another 30-40 players that attempted to connect get TCAgame (name) kicked right after they join.

Now i looked into the TCAgame thing and it makes sense and it makes sense to have it since you do not want players using different versions of addons but really 3 people out of 40 ish connectin do not have the lastest Cups and Ryans zombies? It is obvious something is strange  going on other than addons, does anyone know why i'm getting TCAgame kicks every time someone tries to join?

2016-02-16_00001.jpg

Advertisement

yes but um wont that allow players in with out of date mods? i mean why is it not kicking me?

Edited by Pistashio

People are probably getting kicked for #1. they don't have the mod at all. #2. they are running more mods then your server requires. #. they are using a cracked version of the game. do not turn off verifySignatures

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, †RiH† Stokes said:

People are probably getting kicked for #1. they don't have the mod at all. #2. they are running more mods then your server requires. #. they are using a cracked version of the game. do not turn off verifySignatures

I agree but with the amount of TCA kicks what does one do. I got one player that  i know and said he has all the mods and updated but get TCAgame kicked all the time on my server.

4 minutes ago, Pistashio said:

I agree but with the amount of TCA kicks what does one do. I got one player that  i know and said he has all the mods and updated but get TCAgame kicked all the time on my server.

My server does that all the time, but people have no problems getting in when they have the correct things.

2 people like this

Here's a question. if players do not have the correct mods and this setting is 0 they get kicked anyway so is there really any point of having it on? I had server back in OCT and never saw this TCAgame thing back then. Players would connect and if they forgot a mod they could not get in. Reason I ask this is I have a player who said he downloaded every mod I have on my server but gets kicked anyway. I asked him to connect though a3 luancher, he said he has. I connect though a3 launcher a few times and I got in, but he gets kicked. I'm seriously thinking something is bugged.

On top, correct me if I'm wrong, but  what does verifySignatures do that the server has not done with out it? I mean this player has got on my server tonight and no kicks when verifySignatures was turned off. he said the server was  running much smoother than back when he did get on for a few mins before the kick. I had three or four other connections with in an hour and all were disconnected right away due to improper mods  but was not a TCAgame kick. whats im saying is seems like server functions properly with verifySignatures set to 0. unless someone can  throw light on this subject i think I'm going to remain at 0.

5 hours ago, Pistashio said:

Here's a question. if players do not have the correct mods and this setting is 0 they get kicked anyway so is there really any point of having it on? I had server back in OCT and never saw this TCAgame thing back then. Players would connect and if they forgot a mod they could not get in. Reason I ask this is I have a player who said he downloaded every mod I have on my server but gets kicked anyway. I asked him to connect though a3 luancher, he said he has. I connect though a3 launcher a few times and I got in, but he gets kicked. I'm seriously thinking something is bugged.

On top, correct me if I'm wrong, but  what does verifySignatures do that the server has not done with out it? I mean this player has got on my server tonight and no kicks when verifySignatures was turned off. he said the server was  running much smoother than back when he did get on for a few mins before the kick. I had three or four other connections with in an hour and all were disconnected right away due to improper mods  but was not a TCAgame kick. whats im saying is seems like server functions properly with verifySignatures set to 0. unless someone can  throw light on this subject i think I'm going to remain at 0.

#1. TCAgame is from the peramater -name=TCAgame, or -profile=TCAgame

#2. verifySignatures are:

Addon signatures are a way to reduce cheating. (like loading up personal arsenal and or m3editor and joining the server) They are used to detect data files modified by anyone else but the addon creator. They are based on strong cryptographic principles (private/public key pairs), therefore hacking around them is very hard.

#3. With verifySignatures set to 0, the missions.sqm still requires a pbo called exile_client, so if they do not have @exile loaded they will not be able to join, but if you have verifySignatures they have a chance of getting into the server just by creating a pbo in a fake mod. I believe exile has made it so this cannot happen, mostly because 99.99% of the spawn functions require it. Another thing, make sure you have your server mods up to date, with the latest keys and everything.

Edited by †RiH† Stokes
2 people like this

That makes a lot of sense. makes me question why even have a server if everyone is running around with modified mods just for the advantage.  It seems you are saying all these TCAgame kicks appear to be players with modified files and in the week i have owned a server my server has seen one honest player other than myself and IMHO not worth it. On top of this according to stats on exile main page 2900 players for 900 server it is more like I'm renting a server for the enjoyment of just setting up the server as I like it (which is mostly true anyway). So I'll probably stay with it for my enjoyment.

As for latest keys, all are up today and in the key folder. I do have other bugs i wish to ask about but ill open a new thread for them.  Thanks †RiH† Stokes for the education lesson ill be turning verifiedSignatures back on.

the really big trick if signatures are turned off, you can add whatever you want into any of the mods on the client side, great for hacking!

Also using the mission file and listing required elements of each mod keeps these people away.

1 person likes this

Advertisement