BetterDeadThanZed

Eden editor tutorial

48 posts in this topic

Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains how we can make our custom map content with the new eden editor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bohemia did a twitch stream a while back, explaining everything that you need to know. Too bad they don't keep their past broadcasts saved on twitch.

 

Edit : There is also a hands on tutorial that shows you how to do things on screen in the editor if you click on the top right button that says "tutorial"

Edited by GR8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I'm not worried about how to place items. I'd like to know how to export it for use on the server. Does anyone know if m3editor works with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it should work fine as its just a mod. the problem will be that anything placed wtih the a3editor wont be exportable through m3editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice though, if it were possible, but I'm afraid it's manual labour if you want to place stuff in Eden, you'll have to open your .sqm afterwards and convert it into SQF code. I remembered a script that could do this once, place all your stuff in the editor, preview the mission, use your scrollwheel and export objects to SQF (Copy code to clipboard), might still have it, will check when I get home :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until someone makes a plugin for exporting SQF's this is how i've been handling it:

  • Create your eden project, i recommend using Compot as well (excellent plugin which provides a GUI for all available buildings/items)
  • Once you're done, save and open the debug console and run "[] call BIS_fnc_3DENExportOldSQM;"
  • Alt-tab and paste this into a new .sqm
  • Run SilentMapConverter in the same directory as the .sqm you've created
  • You've now created an .sqf you can include in your server-side pbo

Note: sometimes not all items will place perfectly - I find it helpful to re-open the generated .sqm in the old 2d editor, allowing you to make appropriate adjustments before converting it to the .sqf

Edited by Alexander
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm not worried about how to place items. I'd like to know how to export it for use on the server. Does anyone know if m3editor works with it?

Still works the same as before.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains how we can make our custom map content with the new eden editor?

I've been playing around on it and have been testing things out on a local server. Got the basics as such sorted. Such as the spawn locations parachute spawns, safezones and traders themseleves working. Only basic for now. Since i have spent the last 2 days working on how it all works in eden. I am planning on making a tutorial to explain this and what certain things you have to do as well. Does require some slight changes to things but its easy once you have done it.

 

But for the time being am making it all basic then implementing things as i go along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.2.2016 at 2:45 PM, Alexander said:

Until someone makes a plugin for exporting SQF's this is how i've been handling it:

  • Create your eden project, i recommend using Compot as well (excellent plugin which provides a GUI for all available buildings/items)
  • Once you're done, save and open the debug console and run "[] call BIS_fnc_3DENExportOldSQM;"
  • Alt-tab and paste this into a new .sqm
  • Run SilentMapConverter in the same directory as the .sqm you've created
  • You've now created an .sqf you can include in your server-side pbo

Note: sometimes not all items will place perfectly - I find it helpful to re-open the generated .sqm in the old 2d editor, allowing you to make appropriate adjustments before converting it to the .sqf

That works but all Objekts are x10 :D
Server FPS is by 1 :$

Don´t know why.

SQM http://pastebin.com/QhNGe33f
SQF http://pastebin.com/8rNsjhzq

Edited by Bombur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.