Higgins909

Mission editing, confusion?

3 posts in this topic

I've looked up and down the internet of, google, which did have some links to this site...

I'm trying to do this :

start with default exile.altis.pbo.  Done

rename it exile.chernarus.pbo Done, but how does this work?

update mission.sqm addOns to support MAS.  I don't know how to do?

update mission.sqm markers to support new trader locations and spawn points.  Have yet to try.

update initserver.sqf to add new trader props/traders.  Have yet to try.

update exile_server_config.pbo\config.cpp to add new building classnames to loot positions.  Have yet to try.

profit.

I originally found one on this forums but it gave me all kinds of issues.

I don't understand why changing the name of the mission.pbo changes the map? (this really bothers me for some reason)

Then about the addons, as far as I could tell, it was working better then the mission.pbo i found here and that had the addons for it, for AiA.

Do I need these addons or not?  Last time with them I wasn't even able to get in my chopper.  Then I also don't know how to find out about the addons?

I've looked in the AiA mod folder and found nothing that even related to the stuff I found on the other PBO.

Since I'm on the topic of mission files, How do you change the name of slots, if it's done with the mission file that is.

Then I'm only a 40 or w/e slot server, but there are 100 slots in the lobby, how to fix?

Same with the view distance, as I would like to mess with it.

Thanks,

Higgins909

I don't understand why changing the name of the mission.pbo changes the map? (this really bothers me for some reason)

Its simple logic. Edit your mission.sqm by adding the map names. Instead of a3_map_altis, put in aia_chernarus_config No need to add addons.

Also, no need to change the number of slots. There is no point of having the exact slots as the player capacity, An extra wont change anything. To change the names of the slots, add

description="NEW NAME";

to each slot's block.

You state that you require help in every step excluding the first one. No one will hold your hand and explain every baby step. You do that by yourself using trial and error.

Edited by GR8

3 hours ago, GR8 said:

Its simple logic. Edit your mission.sqm by adding the map names. Instead of a3_map_altis, put in aia_chernarus_config No need to add addons.

Also, no need to change the number of slots. There is no point of having the exact slots as the player capacity, An extra wont change anything. To change the names of the slots, add

description="NEW NAME";

to each slot's block.

You state that you require help in every step excluding the first one. No one will hold your hand and explain every baby step. You do that by yourself using trial and error.

Exile.Altis.pbo make a copy of it and rename it Exile.Chernarus.pbo and its suddenly playing chernarus instead of altis.  I wonder if I set it to Exile.Takistan.pbo if it would play that.

I wonder what "Exile" in the pbo does.  I haven't even modded the mission.sqm from the default exile.altis.pbo and it appears to run fine?  "aia_chernarus_config"  Where do you find these things?  If I were to ever run a different map, from the AiA.  Just so I wont have to google/ask here in the future.  I was thinking even tho I changed the pbo name to cherno, it would still stay on-

altis because I didn't add the map to the addon area in the mission.sqm.  I have yet to really look at the last steps, but I remember before, that I think its documented somewhere on how to do- them.  On step #3 I kinda lied/missed as I don't plan to run MAS, but I do want to run CUP in the future. (I think I should be able to get it as I've had a MAS server up before)

The slots part may benefit the server in the future... When I get it up and going, the way I want.

Edit, better Version:

I guess renaming the mission.pbo changes the map for whatever reason, even if the mission.sqm is stock?  What does the aia_chernarus_config do? Where do you find these things?  I wonder what the exile part in mission.pbo name actually does.  I think I will be able to handle the last few steps on my own as I think they were documented somewhere, unlike the stuff I'm asking..

Edited by Higgins909

Advertisement