da1geek

Launch Parameters Wtih Spaces? No0b Question.

11 posts in this topic

Okay, I feel really, really dumb asking this. I've been running our server for almost two months now, but oddly enough haven't run into this yet. We recently switched to CUP Terrain from AIA. CUP Terrain mods have spaces in their names. What is the proper syntax for launching with these mods (that contain spaces)? I feel that this is the culprit of A3 Launcher/Steam not recognizing that CUP Terrain Maps/Core is required on our server (because I changed the mod names to include "_"). Thanks in advance!

This is the current launch parameters: 

start "Exile" /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=@ExileServer\config.cfg" "-cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg" "-profiles=SC" -name=SC -mod=@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@Esseker;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@A3XAI;@exileserver;@infiSTAR_Exile; -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -enableHT

The mod names should be exactly what the folder name is. So if you want to remove the spaces, you have to rename the folder and the launch parameter.

Advertisement

I think perhaps I worded that poorly. I don't want to remove the spaces. Unfortunately, I don't know what syntax I should use to include spaces. This way it is the way it comes. 

Edited by da1geek

GR8 is correct, you can rename it but you will have to rename all of them. 

Or if you *desperately* want to keep spaces, use " "

IE. "-mods=@CUP Terrains;@Some Mod with Spaces;"

Right. I'm aware that the launch parameters needs to match the mod. My question was pertaining to spaces. And Wolf, I will give it a shot with quotes and come back. I'm fairly certain I tried that, but maybe I just messed it up before. Again, i know this is a dumb question, but I'm not stupid ;) 

I would just use CUP Terrains Complete v1.0.1.  It's mod folder is named @CUP_Terrains.  It is CUP Terrain Core and CUP Terrain Maps merged.  Can be obtained from here.  

Speaking of that, I could find little documentation for CUP terrains. Armaholic says core is required for maps but that's about it. Does anyone know if maps is actually required,  or just core for Esseker?

i used to have errors pop when i didnt use maps and core on esseker. dunno if thats changed now tho...

Good question. So far,  everything seems fine testing on our dev server. When I get some time off work tomorrow, I'll do a little more extensive testing. Also, using quotes resolved my syntax error. Thank you for the input though Happy, it's nice to hear the outcome for others in these circumstances :D

@da1geek did you get this worked out? I think that some things not showing up in game is because of the spaces.

Advertisement