BetterDeadThanZed

Turning on the lights?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a way to turn on the street lights at night? Some of them light up, and when I add lights via custom map content, I can turn on physics, which turns on the lights, but I'd like to see the lights that are part of the map turn on.

Advertisement
On 2/24/2016 at 1:14 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Anyone?

Idk how effective it would be but you could create something that at server start it would add lights to all light posts or at a certain time of night you could start up a script that attached light to a position on the lightpost. For example..

_light = "#lightpoint" createvehicle position player;
_light setLightColor [1, 0.88, 0.73];
_light setLightBrightness 0.2;
_light setLightAmbient [1, 0.88, 0.73];
_light setVectorUp [0,0,-1];

But which map are you trying to do it on? I am pretty sure they light up by default

you could run a replacement script and change all the lights that are off for the on version (like the building replacement script for the barracks on Taviana). 

I'm running Lingor and the model used is already the"on" version. There's a bridge with lights that I want to turn on. 

The only way I see that happening is attachlightto and attach it to the top of the lamp, but I think there is a reason they are off.. I think light like that is glitched when over water? I am not sure..

I would use attachlightto or setpos when you create them, would probably be better to use setpos

Advertisement