Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexslx

A Kind of repeater for constructing bases

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm here to suggest to implement a way to repeat construction actions if you have the same type of item. The scenario I have is the following: I had my teammates constructing the base together, so I gathered the walls, my friend the floors, and the third item extra things like stairs. If I could set a hotkey or something similar so I wont have to open the inventory, select the wall, click on construct and them start placing the wall correctly for ALL 99999 walls I have to build, it would be easier.

One way I think to do it is implement a kind of hotkey bar or something that I could repeat my last "built" item.

http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

should be able to record the events you want, then decrease the pause time between events so that it runs faster than when you recorded it. I wouldn't recommend removing pauses all together though, it will automate your events faster than arma renders them and thus not work. A 0.1 second delay between events should be sufficient depending on your pc speed, the settings in arma, and the latency to the server you are on.

Edited by wasti

Advertisement
15 hours ago, wasti said:

http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

should be able to record the events you want, then decrease the pause time between events so that it runs faster than when you recorded it. I wouldn't recommend removing pauses all together though, it will automate your events faster than arma renders them and thus not work. A 0.1 second delay between events should be sufficient depending on your pc speed, the settings in arma, and the latency to the server you are on.

Not sure if I explained myself correctly. I know how a macro works and how to do it, but I just want a way to build bases faster, integrated into the game. Remember that often items in your inventory changes positions when you use one of them (I hate that), so a clicking macro is going to be a nightmare.

i don't think this needs to be in the vanilla mod, and to left to the scripters!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0