KhanOnYoutube

Exilie Server Selling ingame pop tabs allowed?!

Question

I played on a poorly made server awhile ago that used a lot of copy and pasted code, some even copyrighted code from ghost gamers, and saw how the server owner screamer was directly selling ingame poptabs and other ingame content via donations and continued to do it even far after the server donations was reach, seems like he is banking off of pay to win players to line his own pockets, RHS and Bohemia have both already taken action on him for doing this while using the RHS mod but his servers are still up and has just removed RHS mod, is this allowed under exiles rules?!

9 answers to this question

Commercial use is not allowed in our license. However, we tolerate monetization that follows Bohemias rules to a certain degree. If you feel people are abusing it or run a server for greed, please feel free to tell us. We will then investigate.

This is a game. Not a money cow that you can milk.

5 people like this

Advertisement
On 2/25/2016 at 9:10 AM, KhanOnYoutube said:

I played on a poorly made server awhile ago that used a lot of copy and pasted code, some even copyrighted code from ghost gamers, and saw how the server owner screamer was directly selling ingame poptabs and other ingame content via donations and continued to do it even far after the server donations was reach, seems like he is banking off of pay to win players to line his own pockets, RHS and Bohemia have both already taken action on him for doing this while using the RHS mod but his servers are still up and has just removed RHS mod, is this allowed under exiles rules?!

You have any proof?

Exile has no rules that I know. But BI does.

Pay to win ruins the game. PERIOD.

Get on the list to sell in game items like I did or just pay for your server by yourself - Hate these people. Only took a month of emails and investigation to get it approved.

https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

@Dead Pool saw your post after I started.

21 hours ago, KhanOnYoutube said:

Dont you mean AGE copied all of GG mission file lololololololol

Edited by Tyco91

I hate to be the one to tell you this, @OP but people charging money for other people's stuff is standard praxis in ARMA. It's been done forever, and the ramifications for doing so have always been weaksauce unless it was some major server host. You're often better off just pretending as if it didn't happen.  

How for example Desolation is allowed to continue charging money for other people's work is just pure BS. But that's how it works. Yeah, I'm bitter.

1 person likes this

Sell these kinda stuff is not allowed from our side. Anyways asking about it makes me feel sad, because this kinda questions are coming more often these days.

Just to make it clear: Do not make money out of our work!

1 person likes this

That's so sad how new forum member can join and post fake accusing to other community.

Community with 450 members and 2 years of history...

Edited by Screamer

On 2/25/2016 at 6:23 AM, Screamer said:

That's so sad how new forum member can join and post fake accusing to other community.

Community with 450 members and 2 years of history...

you know that is bullshit RHS publicly called you out for it and made you remove the mod, you are the sort that ruins the arma community with your greed and shitty codeing.

Advertisement