DirtySanchez

[FUNFACT]Exile will continue to grow :)

7 posts in this topic

I just wanted to start a conversation about how well the Exile Dev's and all the supporting members of the 3rd party devs / Admins / Moderators, also including the script makers / add-on creators. I cant forget about the one group that keeps it all going at its core, THE PLAYERS!

Arma 3 with the Exile Mod has changed my view not only on Mod communities but also on a player based community level as well. The fact that I was one of the biggest haters when it came to the name Exile and the fact that with proper research and pouring through code, I found what was rumored was not in fact the truth, so bye bye went the leash that held onto me called, well I even forget the name :) .

I came here to find that the community of Devs / Owners and coders were all functioning well like a somewhat maintained and oiled machine. The forums were and still are exploding with content and new genious shit that the other guys are just pissing and moaning, how come that shit aint being done here and oh what can we get released before they get their vote in. LOLZ. well to be honest the whole thing here @Exile is the PEOPLE, the sharing, the caring, the hope for a brighter future than the one you guys have already given already to start and we await patiently for the next best thing that you guys can give us.

So props for all your hard work, and I mean props to EVERYBODY all the way down to the CORE! Give yourselves a round of applause cause Exile is still kicking strong, there are tons of owners doing their thing in the background to give the players the NEXT BEST THING with exile and I'm sure when a few servers open their doors in the coming months we are all going to be in for a big FUCKING SURPRISE or two ;) 

Ok so onto the point of this post.

DONATE TO HELP THEM BEHIND THE SCENES. How many players did they say? if everyone gave 1 measly dollar, they would be funded for a long time guys. So DonkeyPunch does what it can to survive and the last few have been light, so to start this post off, I gave them a donation of 10 Euro, its 11.33 in US Dollars. Our dedi's cost us upwards of 200 bucks for all overhead, whats 5% of that number for a start of your continued financial support? not much at all, especially if you host with a GSP or you use the donation system for your profit, doesn't matter to me, but for you its affordable, just fucking DO IT!!!!! :) 

6 people like this

Indeed i agree, wether you are in it for the money or for your own pleasure, appreciate the people who deliver this mod for FREE. Even when i dont reach my monthly goal for my server i still donate to exile, without the site, development, test server and teamspeak it wouldnt be here.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Thank you very much for your support. It feels good that some people look behind the scenes. :)

5 people like this

All we need now, is people that actually can read a manual, so we eliminate the chance of scripters and developers dropping their projects because people keep giving them shit. That would be a nice change of pace. xD

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ka0s said:

All we need now, is people that actually can read a manual, so we eliminate the chance of scripters and developers dropping their projects because people keep giving them shit. That would be a nice change of pace. xD

It's good to have dreams. :)

1 person likes this

Well said Dirty!

I have been working on my dedi for about a month now and there is so much involved that most players have no clue on what amount of time and effort goes into these projects. I for one can speak on behalf of all my Clan Members that we greatly appreciate EXILE and DONKEY  without guys like this we don't have a kick ass community of players and developers that we  have. Supporting each other in these endeavors is what makes me proud to be a part of this community and Thank you for allowing us to use these mods to give gamers alike a place to call home! :rock::rock:

1 person likes this

I have to say I lost my faith in Arma 3 and the mods that were out there. Then I heard of Exile... Much like Dirty said I thought "Oh great another survival mod". WIth research and looking at the community I realized this is the place to be. Sure we do have our share of whiners.... but this is the internet. I'm quite amazed at how many people have taken up scripts/mods that were abandoned by owners to try and keep them going.

Thank you to the devs, modders, scripters, and all damn ideas by the community. It's almost like the whole community actually listens to each other.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for DirtySanchez and DonkeyPunch I wouldn't have even looked at exile let alone hosting my own server. Thanks to him answering my repeated dumb questions and all the guides put out by everyone else , I was able to learn how to do it!

In the end I'll be donating what I can to help Exile Devs. Let's make sure they know we appreciate them by either donating or just by good encouraging words!

2 people like this

Advertisement