Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coryh4225

Ping jumping on all clients

Question

Hey guys I'm fighting a ping issue that I can't seem to tackle so I'm hoping some of yall may can lend a hand. It seemed to all happen after switching my servers mod list. I removed cup units, cup vehicles, and added RHS and Tryk. 

So my mod list is this: Exile, CBA_A3, Cup terrains core, cup terrains maps, Cup weapons, RHS AFR, RHS USA, and tryk. 

I also updated infistar at the time of the mod switch. 

At first when the server got up to around 14 people everyone ping would sky rocket to around 600-800. I have now reinstalled the whole dedicated box OS and server and now it's better. So far I don't have the huge ping jumps but now the ping slowly increases as the server population goes up. 

I'll use myself as an example. With 0-5 people in the server I have a 10-11 ping. With 5-10 people I have around a 20 ping and with around 15 I'm up to 35-40 ping. What could be causing this?

Here is a network speed test on the Dedi box. 

Screenshot_2016-02-29-04-22-46.png

7 answers to this question

Errors will cause network issues, even Harry Potter couldn't change the basic.cfg to dial that out. The stock cfg works perfectly.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ stock standard basic.cfg works a charm. 

16 minutes ago, happydayz said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ stock standard basic.cfg works a charm. 

Assuming you have a 1/1 gbit link yes, otherwise it'll need a tweak, to match the actual link speed xD

The basic.cfg supplied with Exile was from me, the MaxBandwidth is

Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have

Most of the time the min and max bandwidths can be removed as Arma does a good job of estimating requirements.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What are the specs of the server and what is the server FPS/CPS when the ping starts to rise? Are you running AI as well?

Posting the server rpt to pastebin would probably help people to see what is happening too.

Edited by second_coming

When you experience these issues, do a tracert and see if it's an issue with the network. Ask other players from different areas of the country/world to also do tracert's.

Advertisement