OneShotPaddy

Game Launches to Black Screen

Question

Posted (edited)

So I'm running an Ubuntu Vanilla Exile server and I've installed everything through SteamCMD, then moved in the @Exile and @ExileServer folders, however even after configuration and some help from some nice people, I can't get into the server. I've disabled Battleye temporarily but when I login to the server, I'm able to get to the point when I should be seeing the game, but instead it's a black screen. While at this black screen, I see the losing connection icon in the top right appear and disappear, so I'm only quasi in game?

I have no way to generate RPT files because even after modifying my start line to include "-profile...and -name..." , my auto-created profile folder is empty except one .log file which is blank. Does anyone have experience with this issue? I've tried several clean installs of both Exile and Arma files (one full new set tonight).

I'm available to join Teamspeak servers to facilitate better communication. I can also be found on Steam: OneShotPaddy. I have Teamviewer if anyone would like to see what I'm seeing as well.

Edited by OneShotPaddy

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OneShotPaddy said:

So I'm running an Ubuntu Vanilla Exile server and I've installed everything through SteamCMD, then moved in the @Exile and @ExileServer folders, however even after configuration and some help from some nice people, I can't get into the server. I've disabled Battleye temporarily but when I login to the server, I'm able to get to the point when I should be seeing the game, but instead it's a black screen. While at this black screen, I see the losing connection icon in the top right appear and disappear, so I'm only quasi in game?

I have no way to generate RPT files because even after modifying my start line to include "-profile...and -name..." , my auto-created profile folder is empty except one .log file which is blank. Does anyone have experience with this issue? I've tried several clean installs of both Exile and Arma files (one full new set tonight).

I'm available to join Teamspeak servers to facilitate better communication. I can also be found on Steam: OneShotPaddy. I have Teamviewer if anyone would like to see what I'm seeing as well.

with the issue you getting as i got it a few times is your server is running but when you load into it you get the black screen now if this is the case its a database  issue you need to make sure the database is correct for your server  as its happened to me with the same issue 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

with the issue you getting as i got it a few times is your server is running but when you load into it you get the black screen now if this is the case its a database  issue you need to make sure the database is correct for your server  as its happened to me with the same issue 

Thanks, I've had some other ideas thrown around too. I checked to make sure MySQL is running, and it is. Is there something else I can do?

Edited by OneShotPaddy

do you host your own server or is it a rented one its only to to check the node 

also whats on  your commandline 

just trying to narrow things out

Advertisement