Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueFlayvorz

An Insight into Territory Radius

5 posts in this topic

Today I started up an Esseker Exile server on my LAN and decided to mess around building epic bases. What I realized would be an epic base is to make one spanning the rocks of the Esseker river. With admin powers in hand I decided to spawn the necessary resources and get to it. What I realized is that when I placed the territory flag on top of the rock, it would not let me build in the air. No matter what I did, It said I was in enemy territory even though I was standing 50m from the territory flag. Curious about this observation I have decided to take to the forums. What it seems is that the radius is taken from the ground below the pole and not the pole itself. When I teleport on top of the rocks next to the pole it places me underneath them. So I guess what I am asking here is if that is actually how things work or if something wonky is occurring. Why is it calling the radius from the solid ground below the flag rather than the flag itself? Is there a way around this or is my dream of the most epic base imaginable just that, a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, BlueFlayvorz said:

Today I started up an Esseker Exile server on my LAN and decided to mess around building epic bases. What I realized would be an epic base is to make one spanning the rocks of the Esseker river. With admin powers in hand I decided to spawn the necessary resources and get to it. What I realized is that when I placed the territory flag on top of the rock, it would not let me build in the air. No matter what I did, It said I was in enemy territory even though I was standing 50m from the territory flag.

If you didn't upgrade your flag first , default distance for level 1 is 15 m !

                                                 Radius        Pieces

    Tabs            5000                     15m            30                     Level 1
    Respect    10000,                    30m            60                     Level 2
    Respect    15000,                    45m            90                     Level 3
    Respect    20000,                    60m            120                   Level 4
    Respect    25000,                    75m            150                   Level 5
    Respect    30000,                    90m            180                   Level 6
    Respect    35000,                    105m          210                   Level 7
    Respect    40000,                    120m          240                   Level 8
    Respect    45000,                    135m          270                   Level 9
    Respect    50000,                    150m          300                   Level 10

*Distances are now a Dome , not a Cube *

Edited by Goblin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
3 hours ago, Goblin said:

If you didn't upgrade your flag first , default distance for level 1 is 15 m !

                                                 Radius        Pieces

    Tabs            5000                     15m            30                     Level 1
    Respect    10000,                    30m            60                     Level 2
    Respect    15000,                    45m            90                     Level 3
    Respect    20000,                    60m            120                   Level 4
    Respect    25000,                    75m            150                   Level 5
    Respect    30000,                    90m            180                   Level 6
    Respect    35000,                    105m          210                   Level 7
    Respect    40000,                    120m          240                   Level 8
    Respect    45000,                    135m          270                   Level 9
    Respect    50000,                    150m          300                   Level 10

*Distances are now a Dome , not a Cube *

The level was upgraded to maximum level which is level 10 and 150m radius, it then said i was in enemy territory even though I was in 50m from the pole. I was able to get around it on my personal server by editing the mysql database to 1000m instead of 250 but that doesn't answer my question about the territory pole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct it measures from the ground. We've had players try to build over deep water, and discovered that their flag radius emanates from the sea floor (even though the flag is at sea level).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

You are correct it measures from the ground. We've had players try to build over deep water, and discovered that their flag radius emanates from the sea floor (even though the flag is at sea level).

Have you asked the developers the reason behind this, do they have any plans to actually make the radius from the pole itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.