stryk3

"Completed" Mark?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask about the AI missions that are on most of the servers right now. I don't know anything about scripting but is there anyway that the "completed" mark could be removed after a mission is taken? I notice (and everyone else) that this mark stays for a while after the mission is taken. Why? I can deal with the global banner that pops up say it's taken, but I would like to see the mark on the map go away as soon as it's completed. All it supports is people that had no interest in the mission before to go and grieve the people that did have an interest (i.e trolls). I hope I'm making sense here. Not bitching, not complaining. I just think that having a target on you after completing a mission makes it a bit unfair. 

-stryk3

Posted (edited)

the server devs can change it in the mission files, so its the server devs you have to talk to.

Personally its staying on my server, doesn't make them trolls that they kill you and take your loot, free to kill as long as not in safezone.

Edited by NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™

Advertisement
49 minutes ago, stryk3 said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask about the AI missions that are on most of the servers right now. I don't know anything about scripting but is there anyway that the "completed" mark could be removed after a mission is taken? I notice (and everyone else) that this mark stays for a while after the mission is taken. Why? I can deal with the global banner that pops up say it's taken, but I would like to see the mark on the map go away as soon as it's completed. All it supports is people that had no interest in the mission before to go and grieve the people that did have an interest (i.e trolls). I hope I'm making sense here. Not bitching, not complaining. I just think that having a target on you after completing a mission makes it a bit unfair. 

-stryk3

main DMS config.cfg

DMS_MissionMarkerWinDot    = true;      // Keep the mission marker dot with a "win" message after mission is over

DMS_MissionMarkerWinDotTime   = 30;      // How many seconds the "win" mission dot will remain on the map
 DMS_MissionMarkerLoseDotTime  = 30;      // How many seconds the "lose" mission dot will remain on the map

On 3/5/2016 at 1:22 PM, NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™ said:

the server devs can change it in the mission files, so its the server devs you have to talk to.

Personally its staying on my server, doesn't make them trolls that they kill you and take your loot, free to kill as long as not in safezone.

Yeah, no. It's completely trolling.

Thanks for the reply, Red!

Advertisement