JerryF

Yippieh

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am just so happy that i had to say YIPPIEH, after i saw that the update will be released today. Wasn´t here for some days.

Now my reload button will be punished till release...

:rock:

Edited by JerryF
2 people like this

LOL! I'm excited for the new release to check out the new additions and changes. Also, I will be flipping my Esseker server to Namalsk. On the other hand, it's a lot of work bringing a server back up to speed with all the addons and scripts that you like after an update. For server owners it is part of the fun I suppose. I enjoy working on my server to enhance the experience nearly as much as playing the game itself.  :)

Advertisement

This will be the first time I have updated a server, I hope it's a fairly easy task? 

@ Snakeyes1

Same here!

We stopped playing because we tried every script and addon, except that whole zombie stuff. When our server was up, i had a lot to do every day, in my free time, and it became more fun for me to check out all those scripts and stuff and see them working, as to play. Because i like that part of survival games where you craft and build, for reasons. But it wasn´t necessary to even build a base(we play PvE, we like more that survival part than that endless killing others part), and tbh, one base looked like the other, not much variety of building parts. And there was not that much of survival feeling, more that civil war feeling, but that was the problem how i had set up our server.

But now there are new scripts and addons, i am downloading the freshest versions right now. And sure, there is the weather/temperature thing now, which makes base buidling more useful, makes everything more "survivalish". I hope that there is something that makes it possible to keep found or captured vehicles even after a restart. Because i want to build a real survival server for us, without traders, but maybe "a million" crafting recipes. I hope to find people that already made some recipes, so we could put them maybe all together, and i don`t have to write them all by myself xD.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Razor77 said:

This will be the first time I have updated a server, I hope it's a fairly easy task? 

Depends on what you want to change, if you only want to update on your old map, it is less work, i guess.

I never changed Altis, because i had to learn everything from scratch and was happy that our server was running fine, so i didn´t try to change to another map.

But i am like:

New big update, server wipe, everything from scratch again. So it will be a lot of work for me the next days, and we have to test a lot of new scripts and stuff till the server will be running fine again.

:D

1 person likes this

Hey, now, in the downloads section, there is a picture of me...

xD

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™ said:

anybody know if database needs wipe?

Nope, but i would do it anyways after a bigger update. But i am just a beginner, better don´t do what i do, maybe...

xD

1 hour ago, NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™ said:

well I'm not wiping my players data if it doesn't need a wipe ;-)

Sure, if not needed xD

Advertisement