10 posts in this topic

Whas up convicts,

Are there any people that like immersion and or more control of their aircrafts when transporting or providing more air support or have dogg fights with jets/choppers ?.
If yess, do you use a hotas ?. If so which one do you use and what do you recommend ?. I as of now use the Thrumaster T16000 but....i feel the need for a throttle controller. 
I'm starting to dislike the fact that i need to get my hands to the buttons on my joystick platform and then to the keyboard.

I wanna be able to start my engine, control flaps, pull up gear, and any other crucial controlls on my throttle and have all combat related stuff on my joystick as firing, switching weapons, locking on, zooming in , popping flares, eventually eject etc...etc....The problem is i can't seem to find a entry level Hotas that's decently build. Cheaper Thrustmaster hotas feel plasticy and flimsy, the more expensive Saitek seems better build but has according manny quality build issues. So as of now it seems to go only super expensive to get something decent. And i have no money to afford a thrustmaster Warthog either. 

Can anyone recommend me a commercial based hotas that's wel build and affordable ?. I'm clueless 

Thanks.

The only joy stick you will ever need, just bind everything to the red button!

3600_hero.jpg

3 people like this

Advertisement

You cannot go wrong with CH products.  They are built to last.  Had my setup for over 10 years and use it daily for hours.  Personally I think a complete HOTAS setup is overkill for Arma 3 arcade type flight models and inputs schemes.   Now if you are interested in getting into a realistic/study flight sim like DCS, BMS Falcon, or any of the better WWII sims then I'd go all out.  

I have a CH products fighterstick, pro throttle and rudder pedals.  Whole set, you are looking at between $300 - $400 depending on the deals.  Cool thing is you can buy each separately so you are not out lots of money at one time.   

4 hours ago, Osiris said:

You cannot go wrong with CH products.  They are built to last.  Had my setup for over 10 years and use it daily for hours.  Personally I think a complete HOTAS setup is overkill for Arma 3 arcade type flight models and inputs schemes.   Now if you are interested in getting into a realistic/study flight sim like DCS, BMS Falcon, or any of the better WWII sims then I'd go all out.  

I have a CH products fighterstick, pro throttle and rudder pedals.  Whole set, you are looking at between $300 - $400 depending on the deals.  Cool thing is you can buy each separately so you are not out lots of money at one time.   

I whas looking at the CH throttle. But where can you get in the EU ?. Reason i wanna go with Hotas is becuz i dislike the Thrustmasters T16000 throttle slide. 
I'm not realy familiar with aviation mechanics, but the slide i have now goes from -50 to 0 to +50. Is it how it supposed to work ?...i guess it does for choppers as blades switch up to elevate/descent. But i hate how -1 or +1 makes the chopper elevate/drop real hard. For jets/planes i dont mind.

As of now i have to jump from stick to keyboard to swap arsenal and use flares and get my eyes of the screen to push buttons onmy stickbase.
Meaning i could lose track of my target and envoirmental awareness. 

Also thanks for the game suggestions. i'm starting to get into flying jets recently and been playing a wipeout scenario on ARMA where i have to do CAS missions and stuff :D. There is where i realize i need more control as i need to flare for ground AA then swap to demo minigun to do a loop and shoot another Jet that has been called it then do a barrel roll and flare again to swap to rockets and lock on to the AA target to take 'em out. 

You see, that's alot of things to do at a short time.

I recently replaced my Saitek x52 pro with this $50 thrustmaster: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3MX9529&cm_re=thrustmaster-_-79-337-003-_-Product

the rubber around the joystick makes a small amount of noise but i use headphones so i cant hear it anyways. hope this helps. look into TrackIR too

also the problem you mentioned with cyclic up/down can be fixed by setting the deadzone for your throttle to about 10%

Posted (edited)

On 11-3-2016 at 2:42 AM, Bartimaeu said:

I recently replaced my Saitek x52 pro with this $50 thrustmaster: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3MX9529&cm_re=thrustmaster-_-79-337-003-_-Product

the rubber around the joystick makes a small amount of noise but i use headphones so i cant hear it anyways. hope this helps. look into TrackIR too

also the problem you mentioned with cyclic up/down can be fixed by setting the deadzone for your throttle to about 10%

How's the quality from the thrustmaster vs the saitek x52 ?. I seem to find nothing but negative reviews on Saitek quality build. About TrackIr, i'm planning a project on Diy'ing that myself. 

Edited by Th3 R34p3r 187

16 hours ago, Th3 R34p3r 187 said:

How's the quality from the thrustmaster vs the saitek x52 ?. I seem to find nothing but negative reviews on Saitek quality build. About TrackIr, i'm planning a project on Diy'ing that myself. 

the build quality on the thrustmaster is not as good as the saitek but the functionality is all there. the only big downside of the thrustmaster is not being able to mount it easily to a desk or chair while the saitek has suction cup mounts and holes for mounting.

I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog...purchased it for DCS-A10, but works great with Arma 3 also. IMO, the best joystick I've ever owned.

Advertisement